Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. (€ 40,000.- / € 45,000.- gross p/y on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
The post holder focuses on projects that contribute to the further development of the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards (GRI Standards), which are used by thousands of organizations around the world to report about their impacts on the economy, the environment, and society.
The post holder is primarily responsible for managing workstreams to update and expand the existing set of GRI Standards. This involves setting up and facilitating expert Project Working Groups focused on specific reporting content areas (e.g. Anti-Corruption, Biodiversity) with the aim of developing standards that serve the public interest and promote global adoption of credible sustainability reporting. The post holder is also responsible for managing public consultation processes to solicit stakeholder input on all draft GRI Standards, and for liaising directly with the Global Sustainability Standards Board (GSSB), GRI’s designated standard-setting body, to ensure technical approval of all Standards.
The ideal candidate for this role will have excellent project management skills, significant expertise leading multi-stakeholder initiatives, and strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Manages the implementation of all related (delegated) tasks/projects in accordance with the GSSB Due Process Protocol (where applicable), including budgetary responsibilities
• Identifies and develops new possibilities and takes initiatives within the area of responsibilities
• Maintains relationships, focused on future project options and programs
• Pro-actively, timely, and effectively communicates with relevant actors with which the Global Sustainability Standards Board (GSSB) is maintaining and developing a strategic relationship
• Writes departmental documents and high level correspondence
• Develops detailed program proposals and documents in preparation of project related briefings
• Prepares for and attends events of the Standards Division and GRI departments
• Acts as spokesperson for the Standards Division, when and where this responsibility has been delegated
• Plans and implements projects as per the Standards Division’s work program approved by the GSSB
• Provides input to the ongoing development of the GRI Standards and related documents and communications
• Native-speaker level fluency in written and spoken English, and preferably fluent in one other language
• 5 years proven experience in project management – including planning, execution, and budget management
• Proven experience managing multi-stakeholder projects
• Technical knowledge of reporting and standards processes, including experience with the design of performance indicators
• Results focused and ability to handle multiple tasks and work on precise timelines
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail, including experience delivering presentations and facilitating workshops or training sessions
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI would be an advantage
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to [email protected]. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Monday, 9th April 2018. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Stichting Global Reporting Initiative, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org