Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. (€ 30,000.- / € 33,000.- gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
The post holder coordinates and implements activities that contribute to the development and application of the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards (GRI Standards). The GRI Standards are used by thousands of organizations around the world to report about their impacts on the economy, the environment, and society.
The post holder is primarily responsible for supporting the set-up and management of expert technical groups that develop content for the GRI Standards, as well as coordinating research projects and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on other activities, as needed. The post holder will also be responsible for coordinating sub-processes or tasks related to the development and application of the GRI Standards, such as designing and carrying out research approaches, or setting up systems to track the progress of projects.
The post holder will have the opportunity to be involved with a range of sustainability content areas, such as human rights, climate change, and economic issues. The role requires constant learning on the job, and will provide many opportunities to engage with varied internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be organized and detail-oriented, and will be able to work independently as needed. The candidate will also have strong written and verbal communication skills, and will be able to balance and prioritize multiple tasks.
(S)he will report to the Manager, Standards.
• Plans, implements and coordinates activities related to the development and application of the GRI Standards, with the support of other colleagues. This may include coordinating the development of publications, or other projects related to the use of the GRI Standards
• Designs and coordinates research projects; including establishing objectives, approaches, and timelines; coordinating with internal (or external) contacts to prepare a research plan and prepare content; and synthesizing and presenting findings for specific audiences
• Coordinates logistics related to the development of the GRI Standards (e.g., processes for expert working groups), including managing meeting schedules, organizing meetings and teleconferences and other logistical arrangements, preparing meeting agenda and materials, communicating with technical experts, and summarizing key outcomes from groups
• Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to provide technical input on materials related to the application of the GRI Standards (e.g., training or guidance documents); and to answer technical enquiries about the GRI Standards
• Supports the preparation of high-quality written materials, including presentations, briefing documents, and other publications
• Supports the development of information and knowledge management systems
• Represents GRI at external and internal events related to the GRI Standards
Key competencies / Requirements
• Proven ability in project coordination; including handling logistical tasks, tracking progress, and ensuring regular communication with project stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and carry out independent research projects; including designing methodologies and synthesizing findings for different audiences
• Native-speaker level of written and spoken English, and preferably fluent in one other language
• Strong communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to work with individuals from a range of backgrounds
• Precision and attention to detail, and strong logical thinking skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and work to precise timelines
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI would be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to email@example.com. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Thursday 9th February 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Stichting Global Reporting Initiative, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A future where sustainability is integral to every organization’s decision-making process.
Our Mission: To empower decision makers everywhere through our sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.