NewForesight is based in the Netherlands (Utrecht). We are looking to hire a
You are content-driven with a track record in quantitative and qualitative analysis, combined with strong communication skills that allow you to present complex realities in a clear manner. Operating in small teams, and in close cooperation with our clients, you will (help) perform systemic analyses of the sustainability issues that we are asked to address. You are expected to quickly develop an affinity with the types of clients that we work with, from the public and private side, as well as the sectors in which we work – notably agricultural commodities. Within those sectors you will quickly translate insights from one assignment into others. You enjoy working on a macro/industry level and you easily grasp the interaction between the local realities of producing countries and supply chain issues and market dynamics. Ideally you bring your own expertise area(s) and network to further develop the company. Depending on your current level, you will quickly move up to take on full responsibility for client accounts. You are eager to learn, open minded and creative. You are comfortable giving and receiving clear and constructive feedback, investing in the growth of yourself and the people around you. You connect easily with people and are a team player, with a good sense of humor.
The work we do is not about writing reports. Together with our clients you will build new, sustainable realities, and have positive impact in sectors and markets all over the world.
- Independently conduct high-quality research through qualitative and quantitative methods
- Translate complex findings into client-ready insights and recommendations
- Client relationship management
- Business development and acquisition
- Proactive role in one of the internal teams (e.g., HR, business development, communications)
- Personal and professional development (of yourself and others)
- Relevant academic background with excellent academic results
- 5 years of work experience as a top level consultant or in another relevant industry
- Strong analytical skills: ability to quickly grasp complex issues, structure these logically, develop a clear approach to generate meaningful insights, and translate these into compelling and impactful recommendations
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious, proactive and reliable; ability to produce high quality work independently
- Team player
- Strong motivation and passion for sustainability
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent use of PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with quantitative analysis (e.g., business case modelling, statistical analysis) is desirable
- Excellent Dutch and English language skills
We offer you a fulltime position as part of a small team in an international and innovative working environment, with great potential to grow and develop. You will join a committed, passionate group of consultants that strives for professional excellence and positive impact. International travel and irregular work hours come with this position, as well as the opportunity to create significant sustainability impact on a global scale.
Are you an experienced consultant looking to initiate, shape, and drive sustainability on a global scale?
Then you have found your next challenge. NewForesight is a strategic consultancy firm dedicated to turning complex sustainability problems into opportunities. Clients from the public and private sector approach us to address challenges in their sector or supply chain, either individually or with a group of likeminded organizations, because they want to have a structural and positive impact on the way the market operates. We approach these challenges with a holistic view and strategic approach, focused on building a longer-term business case for sustainability. In doing so we shape market dynamics and drive sustainability by addressing market forces.
Because of this, the solutions NewForesight delivers are always creative, tailored, and practical. And because of our unique approach combining sustainability and business strategy, we have built a reputation as a thought leader and change maker in the sectors where we are active. We work with senior decision makers from all over the world, from Industry, Governments, Multilateral Organizations, NGOs, Academic and Research Institutions, Farmer organizations and other key stakeholders. Together we initiate, shape, and drive strategies, partnerships, programs, governance, and business models that bring a positive, transformative impact.
Please send your application, (1-page letter and 2-page CV) by August 18 2016 to Tessa van der Meiden via email@example.com, indicating ‘Strategy Consultant’ in the subject line. Inquiries regarding this position can only be answered after the 12th of August, due to holidays.
A case study will be conducted during the interviews, as part of the selection process. Candidates will be invited to interview on a rolling basis, so early submission is encouraged.