Do you have the energy to help develop a challenging sustainability project? Would you like to realize a new concept in virgin territory, in close cooperation with local professionals? Do you see yourself applying your commercial and social skills towards contributing to the development of a biodiversity hotspot? Do you like to live and work abroad? Then now is your chance:
General Manager (f/m) HERI ENERGY KIOSK
in Madagascar starting in Nov / Dec 2013
If you feel up to a real challenge, HERI Madagascar offers you the chance to strengthen its team in Antananarivo, Madagascar, in the position of General Manager.
About HERI Madagascar
HERi Madagascar is a social venture that has as its aim to bring renewable energy concepts to developing countries around the world. One of these concepts is the Energy Kiosk. The Energy Kiosk is a 20 sq meter building with solar panels on the roof that delivers energy services (solar lamps, battery and phone charging) to villages that do not yet have electricity. Besides offering energy products and services, the Kiosk can also function as a retail channel that offers other products to the villagers to help improve their standard of living.
Over the past 18 months HERi Madagascar has worked hard on developing the concept of the Energy Kiosk and is pleased to announce the opening of the first Energy Kiosk in November, on a location that lies 70 km from the capital of Antananarivo.
As a General Manager you are responsible for:
- contributing to our targets, strategy and business model by translating it into actions of our HERI Madagascar team
- leading and developing an ambitious team of 10 to 15 committed professionals of local & international staff
- building a network of energy retail outlets and develop partnerships to grow our business
- further developing and testing a successful business model that will be economically sustainable in the long-run
- the day-to-day operational management of HERI Madagascar, including CSR, budget monitoring, reporting to shareholders
- develop the brand of the HERI Madagascar Energy Kiosks
This is your profile:
- A degree in management, development, political science or any similar education
- fluent in French and English
- a strong leader with a driven operational sense of participative leadership and experience in leading a team to a common goal
- affinity towards renewable energy and social development
- willingness to move to Madagascar for at least 2 years
- 5-8 years of work experience – preferably also some in developing countries
- strategist with a pragmatic approach, an entrepreneurial spirit, a commercial mindset and high energy level
- proven project management skills
- strong communication, networking skills and intercultural sensitivity
- ability to adapt to change quickly and grow with new challenges
What we offer to you:
HERI Madagascar offers the right candidate the chance to make a lasting
contribution towards the development of a unique and exotic part of the world. You are part of a motivated and international team, cooperating closely with the founders and board members of the organization who will take time to introduce you to your new role. You will receive a competitive international NGO salary and a package of benefits to support your move and stay in Madagascar (housing, transport, travel).
Are you ready for this challenging position in a sustainable start-up? Do you want to make a real difference to the people of Madagascar?
Please send in your application consisting of a motivation letter, academic certificates and certificates of former employments resume and photograph to email@example.com
We are happy to answer further question about the job offer by mail. Please let us know where you found this job offer.