Manager Report Services
Start Date: ASAP, 40 hrs p/w. (€ 40,000.-/€ 45,000.- gross p/y on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
The post holder is responsible for managing the Report Services team that provides services (mostly revenue generating) to the GRI network. These services are based on GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards and G4 Guidelines for report preparers and users.
The post holder is responsible for a range of tasks/projects to meet the department’s objectives and also pro-actively contributes and supports the line manager in additional tasks to develop and promote new services in line with the department goals. (S)He works closely with the team to ensure excellent customer relations and quality of the services performed by the team members.
(S)He reports to the Deputy Director Services.
• Manage a team of 6 – 10 team members
• Guides and supports the team members to achieve the departmental targets
• Oversees various projects under the team’s deliverables
• Provides support and guidance on content related questions to the team
• Ensures efficient running and continuous improvement of current services
• Responsible for the promotion of the existing and new services
• Develops systems and procedures to maintain efficient and high quality flow of services
• Responsible for documentation and reporting of activities within the team
• Identifies opportunities for development of new tools and services in the team
• Acts in a supervisory role to deal with crisis situations
• Responsible for recruiting staff of high caliber
• Responsible for the professional development of the team members
• Engages with external service providers
• Other duties as requested
• Native speaker level fluency in written and spoken English
• Knowledge of Spanish, Portuguese and/or German is an advantage
• Proven experience of minimum of two years in directly managing a team
• Experience in customer relations and/or sales
• Results oriented
• Experience in working with (tight) deadlines
• Proven planning skills and organization awareness
• Problem solving personality – from general framework to small details
• Familiarity with sustainability issues and sustainable development agenda
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to email@example.com. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Friday 24 March 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Stichting Global Reporting Initiative, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others. With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.