BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s more than 20 years of leadership in sustainability.
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people working on sustainability in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
BSR is also a founding partner of the We Mean Business coalition, a group of business-facing networks and think tanks that collectively works with thousands of businesses and investors to accelerate the transition to a low carbon economy. BSR is proud to play an active role in the policy engagement, corporate engagement, and communications work of the coalition.
The Manager, Climate Change will drive forward BSR’s climate change work, which includes thought leadership and research, collaborative initiatives, and advisory services work with companies. The successful candidate will work closely with BSR’s global climate team to create a unified portfolio of work across the organization.
The successful candidate will contribute to the post-Paris implementation of BSR’s “Business in a Climate-Constrained World” strategy, which seeks to mobilize sustained business action on climate change. Our strategy includes translating climate risks and opportunities for business, action to stabilize the climate system through emissions reductions and building adaptive capacity, and a set of collaborative initiatives which drives climate action across business sectors and stakeholder groups.
The successful candidate will also work closely with BSR Directors to develop business opportunities for consulting and grant-funded projects with BSR members and other leading companies addressing climate change.
This position is full-time, based in either New York or Paris, and reports to the Managing Director, Partnership Development and Research.
- Climate-facing Collaborative Initiatives: The Manager will “turbocharge” our climate-facing collaborative initiatives by generating content for and assisting with convening them. He or she will manage groups of stakeholders with a view to generating a clear shared direction, business leadership on climate change, and additional action to reduce emissions and build climate resilience.
- Thought-leadership and Research: The Manager will keep up with the latest developments on private sector climate action, identify leading topics, contribute to BSR’s published thought leadership in the area, and help to deliver grant-funded research projects on climate change.
- Advisory Services: The Manager will play a key role in BSR’s delivery of consulting services on climate change to member and non-member companies. This will include designing and managing climate projects for individual companies, as well as adding value to teams managed by BSR’s industry and service offering leads.
- Business Development: The Manager will pursue business development opportunities, including through representing BSR’s climate practice to external audiences, for both advisory services and grant-funded work. He or she will also contribute to the recruitment of member companies to our climate-facing collaborative initiatives.
- Master’s degree in business, law, public policy or other relevant discipline required.
- Significant climate experience (at least 5-7 years) required, which demonstrates the candidate’s ability to develop and maintain business relationships, generate business opportunities, manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, and deliver for clients and funders.
- Demonstrated expertise on how the private sector addresses climate change, as well as on the landscape of other climate stakeholders, including governments and civil society.
- Demonstrated expertise in the food, beverage and agriculture sector, energy and utilities sector, or transport sector is a plus.
- Proven leadership and management skills, including a demonstrated ability to mentor other team members.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Willingness to undertake business travel (~25% time).
- Language skills: Fluent in English, with an additional language from a region in which BSR is based strongly preferred.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of Leadership, Respect and Integrity.
BSR is committed to developing an inclusive work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and skill and is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission.
Please apply online at http://www.bsr.org/en/careers.