Associates at BSR are responsible for conducting research and analysis, writing, planning logistics, and other support on BSR advisory services for the benefit of BSR members, funders, or other clients. This will include participating in business consulting and training work as required, with a specific focus on sustainability reporting and disclosure. The position is full-time and based in San Francisco.
- Provide consulting advice to BSR member companies on sustainability reporting trends and strategies.
- Support project managers in implementing projects with member and other companies, particularly through research, writing and consulting on a range of sustainability issue areas.
- Support BSR teams in research, knowledge management, tool creation and PowerPoint development to enable improved project execution and effective business development
- Support the Sustainability Management team in execution of projects in strategy, stakeholder engagement, ethics and governance, and corporate reporting. Depth of experience in sustainability reporting frameworks is particularly valuable for this role.
- Conduct primary and secondary research and analysis on sustainability leadership practices, and emerging issues and trends in a range of industry sectors utilizing a wide range of sources, including web searches, interviews and other methodologies.
- Support senior colleagues in the development of work plans, schedules and budgets for the delivery of projects.
- Contribute to the content and design of working group meetings, training and workshops, and ensure the accuracy of all materials.
- Provide assistance on special projects and assignments as requested to help BSR accomplish its mission and goals.
NOTE: Only candidates with these specific requirements will be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience), or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years experience.
- REQUIRED: Demonstrated knowledge of sustainability reporting and standards, such as Global Reporting Initiative, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, and International Integrated Reporting Council, and an enthusiasm for the role that reporting and disclosure plays in advancing BSR’s mission
- Knowledge of strategy development, innovation, trend-spotting and/or scenario planning, and ability to identify new voices and approaches to shape future-oriented approaches to sustainable business.
- Experience in one or more of BSR’s core industries in San Francisco is a plus (Consumer Products or Technology).
- Demonstrated excellence in project management, stakeholder engagement, and integrating sustainability best practices across an organization
- Exceptional research, writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to influence others to collaboratively
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to meet stringent deadlines, communicate progress on projects or event planning, and work with managers to coordinate multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, for working with both internal and external clients.
- High degree of fluency in English, with fluency in Spanish or French a plus.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- Willingness to undertake business travel.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect and integrity, and a commitment to BSR’s mission.
BSR is committed to developing an inclusive work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture, and skill is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via link https://bsr.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=55
About BSR (Business for Social Responsibility)
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies and other partners to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Learn more about BSR’s 25 years of leadership in sustainability.
Our mission is to work with business to create a just and sustainable world. We envision a world in which everyone can lead a prosperous and dignified life within the boundaries of the Earth’s natural resources.