Capital Markets Coordinator
Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. (€ 30,000 / € 33,000 gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
The post holder takes an active role in Capital markets related tasks and projects whilst following instructions and procedures and is closely involved in presenting and communicating information. In particular, (s)he supports the team’s overall advancement to increase the awareness of the capital markets’ actors of GRI’s work. The post holder is contributing to this through various projects, such as researching key investor networks’ work on sustainability, engaging with stock exchanges and keeping GRI’s database up to date with relevant information. The post holder fulfils a range of other tasks, including providing input to publications, fundraising proposals and/or helping to organize events.
The post holder reports to the Senior Manager Sustainable Finance and Policy.
• Support line manager with capital markets strategy implementation
• Research and stay up to date with investor use of GRI data, and expectations towards streamlined, investor relevant GRI reporting
• Proactively follow policy development on sustainability reporting and engage with stock exchanges and market regulators for a GRI reference in collaboration with the line manager
• Responsible for project management related tasks, whilst supporting the line manager in the preparation and development of project activities and budgets
• Support the line manager in the organization of the periodic communication (webinars / meetings) with stock exchanges, market regulators and the investment community
• Assist in content writing and drafting correspondence (policy papers, external communication, briefings, etc.)
• Assist in writing articles for the website and create Capital markets related external communication, e.g. webpages and (newsletter) articles
• Maintain routine communications with (external) contacts
• Execute research and analysis on Capital markets related topics and provide input to publications led by the Capital markets unit
• Keep CRM, dashboard, sharepoint and other Capital markets databases up to date
• Provide administrative support in keeping track of action points and follow-up activities
• Assist in preparation of travels, coordinate calendars for meetings – if and when applicable
• Support in the organization of events, including preparation of (meeting) materials and coordination of logistics
• Other duties as requested
Key competencies / Requirements
• Good understanding of the investment chain, its dynamics and key players
• Familiarity with sustainable / responsible investment practices
• Proven experience in project management in working with capital market actors, or international organizations
• Analytical and policy skills, preferably in the field of either sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility or standardization issues
• Solid research skills, familiarity with the language of financial markets
• Effective English written and oral communications skills, ability to write research and policy text, project proposals, draft publications and reports
• Pro-active and can do attitude
• Results- and relationship oriented at the same time
• Experience with social media and websites design is an asset
• Fluency in English (spoken and written) and fluent in at least one other language (preferably French, Spanish, or Portuguese)
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Friday, 21 July 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A future where sustainability is integral to every organization’s decision-making process.
Our Mission: To empower decision makers everywhere through our sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.