At citizenM, we take sustainability seriously. Our hotels are built and operated with the intention of minimising our environmental footprint.
We are seeking a hands-on knowledgeable, dynamic, motivated, environmental project manager with proven experience delivering green building certifications, environmental impact reduction projects including net-zero. To ensure success in this role, you should have a deep understanding and experience of real estate portfolios and Environmental Management. You have the ability to project manage across a portfolio, working with multiple stakeholders to set standards and deliver environmental solutions across a portfolio. You understand which topics are relevant and you are great at making business cases.
The new environmental manager role will be responsible for the implementation of projects which help us reach net-zero, reduce our energy, water and waste usage and will standardise, implement and improve our green building certifications. This role will report to the Social Responsibility Manager and will work cross-departmentally with teams across citizenM.
This is a full-time opportunity and may require some travel.
– Project management and implementation of net-zero project solutions across the existing portfolio with internal and external stakeholders
– Deliver design guidelines for new developments aligned to net-zero building standards with external consultants
– Deliver business cases for internal investment approval for assets and track environmental investments
– Physical climate risk reporting, property mitigation plans, business cases and solution implementation
– Work with hotel property management to drive operational improvements through the identification and implementation of opportunities to improve energy, waste and water performance across the portfolio
– Develop collaborative solutions, manage project-related documentation, perform research, conduct weekly meetings and develop reports and communicate technical details, processes and action items
– Subject matter expertise on energy performance optimization, decarbonization, water efficiency, indoor environmental quality, fit-outs, retrofits, materials and resources
– Point of contact for BREEAM and LEED certification
– Conduct project meetings and provide written and oral comments and reports to design and project teams
– Engage and mentor facility managers as the key point of contact for the provision of wide-ranging advice in relation to environmental sustainability
– Preparation of tenders and work orders and the ability to select appropriate equipment and service vendors
– Update environmental management system and reporting at an asset level
– Monitor environmental and energy certification compliance checks on properties, track, report and drive improvement plans with our hotel property management team
qualifications / skills
– Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with a focus in Energy, Environmental Engineering or Environmental Management related field
– Accreditation as a LEED AP, BREEAM and other green building-related credentials
– Demonstrated sustainability and energy project management – experience across a real estate portfolio
– Experience with the following: ECP, ENERGY STAR, ISO 14001
– Knowledge of design, construction, commissioning, MEP and BMS systems in new buildings, and retrofits
– Knowledge of global/industry ESG trends and their application in commercial real estate
– Highly organized with strong project management and problem-solving skills
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Ability to work across teams effectively manage or change priorities to meet deadlines in a timely manner
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to write reports and presentations of details and summaries that identify and recommend operational best practices
– Ability to handle multiple tasks, programs, and priorities at the same time
locations / hours
Voorschoten Support office. This is a full-time position.
Interested? Please reach out to our talent acquisition specialist Panagiota via email firstname.lastname@example.org