The Director of Research will manage the company’s research unit and will be responsible
for the implementation of the research agenda, market intelligence and thought leadership
Come join our team of mission–driven individuals with big ideas, tireless optimism and the
belief that our work can change the world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Head of Research, the Director of Research will manage the company’s
research unit and will be responsible for the implementation of the research agenda, market
intelligence and thought leadership activities. The Research Department will support
SustainCERT’s ambitious innovative product development roadmap and advisory services
activities in close collaboration with relevant departments. This is an exciting opportunity
for a seasoned sustainability professional with a strong background in climate change
innovations to join a high growth, software enabled certification company.
This role requires the leadership of multidisciplinary teams and the ability to align our
research agenda with environmental market needs, to enable collective climate action and
support the Sustainable Development Goals. The Research unit sits within the Research
Department and comprises subject matter experts (SME) and a market intelligence officer.
This position is based ideally in Luxembourg, Amsterdam, or Switzerland.
Other locations can be discussed.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Management of research activities:
• Responsible for SustainCERT’s ambitious research and market intelligence
• Responsible for the conceptualization, development, and delivery of key research
projects in support of the company strategy.
• Co–develop and implement a research agenda in support of the company’s
• Coordinate the mobilisation of expertise in support of the Value Change initiative
and other strategic initiatives as may be required. She/he will coordinate the User–centric impact assessment delivery of research papers & white papers, as well as environmental market
• Support the Value Chain Initiative and other strategic initiatives by providing
expert’s inputs and overseeing the production of content as required.
• Lead and mentor the research team, putting collaboration at the core of how your
teams work, thus, enabling and empowering them.
• Minimum 7 years of full–time work experience with an experience in an
organization focused on corporate sustainability reporting, GHG quantification,
carbon markets, and impact verification with special focus on Article 6.
• Excellent understanding of corporate climate strategies and reporting needs
including Science–based targets and Net–Zero frameworks.
• Track record in managing research projects on relevant matters (corporate
sustainability, greenhouse gas accounting, environmental markets)
• Track record in setting–up a new team, hiring and managing subject matter experts,
designing, and implementing workflow processes, driving accelerated growth.
• Ability to think outside the box, contribute to innovation processes across the
organization and propose solutions to complex issues.
• Proven experience in managing co–creation processes with multi–stakeholder
initiatives, balancing competing, and conflicting interests to drive consensus–based
• Experience in client facing roles ideally in the sustainability sector.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Service–oriented and a strong team player.
• Excellent analytical and writing skills in English.
• Proven working experience regarding organisational and time–management skills,
accurate attention to detail; ability to prioritise and multi–task.
• Ability to work independently and on own initiative.
• Eligibility to work in the European Union and/or Switzerland.
Tagged as: over
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, indicating your relevant experience, motivation, and availability. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Candidates selected for a first-round interview will be notified by email. Please note that we will not notify you directly if you are not selected for an interview.