The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Secretariat General (SG) – Advisory Services – JASPERS Department (JASPERS) – Energy & Solid Waste Division (ESW) two
These are two full time positions at grade 5/6
Appointments will be made on a basis of a fixed term contract of 3 years with the possibility of prolongation
These posts are located in the JASPERS regional offices in Warsaw and/or Bucharest
Keywords: Energy / Environment
JASPERS (Joint Assistance to Support Projects in European Regions) is a tri-lateral partnership between the European Commission (Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy), the EBRD and the EIB, with the aim of helping EU and Acceding Countries achieve better access to EU Grant Financing under the Cohesion and Structural Funds and the Instrument for Pre Accession II, with particular emphasis on providing technical assistance in the preparation of eligible infrastructure projects.
The successful candidates will assist beneficiaries in EU Member States and accession countries, within a multidisciplinary team, to prepare waste management projects to be co-financed by CF, ERDF and IPA funds. The jobholder will report to the Head of the Solid Waste and Energy Division in JASPERS and will cooperate closely with other colleagues (project economists and engineers) working in the division.
The posts are located in the JASPERS offices in Bucharest, or Warsaw with frequent trips to its headquarter and other regional offices (Brussels, Vienna), and its countries of operations. Experts will be appointed to work as part of a team of economists, engineers, planners and environmental specialists in the Energy and Solid waste division of JASPERS. S/he will report to the Head of Division and will be responsible for a portfolio of projects in JASPERS countries of operations or horizontal actions at division level. S/he will work closely with Managing Authorities and project promoters in their countries of responsibility on assignments attributed by the Head of Division.
- Assessing the suitability of projects proposed by the beneficiaries for grant financing with focus on their technical and procurement aspects.
- Assessing and highlighting sectoral/upstream obstacles and communicating them to the Head of Division and the project stakeholders.
- Working on horizontal assignments designed to overcome sectoral/upstream obstacles affecting projects on the JASPERS Action Plans or to develop a suitable pipeline of projects in the future.
- Acting as the Task Manager or member of the JASPERS project team (as assigned by the Head of Division) assisting the beneficiaries with the preparation of project documentation.
- Assisting the Head of Division in: (i) assessing the portfolio of projects proposed by the beneficiaries for inclusion in the JASPERS Action Plan, (ii) maintaining an overview on ongoing assignments in the sector in his/her geographic assignment, and (iii) keeping a viable professional relationship on sector and project issues with the corresponding line Ministries responsible for the sector.
- Supervising and monitoring consulting contracts for his/her assignments when nominated as responsible for the contracts by the Head of Division.
- Liaising with the key stakeholders involved in their assignments
- Helping the beneficiaries in answering DG REGIO and DG ENV questions on the Applications for Funding resulting from his/her assignments.
- Master degree in energy economics or environmental economics respectively.
- A minimum of five years or relevant professional experience in economic/financial or statistical analysis of activities, projects or plans in the described sectors
- Experience with infrastructure projects, PPP would be an advantage.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in :
– preparation of Cohesion Fund and Structural Fund projects
– JASPERS beneficiary countries
– State aid
– in management of consultants
– and knowledge of relevant EU sector policies and directives, international standards and best practices for the sector
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, with knowledge of one or more languages of the countries under the responsibility of JASPERS being an advantage.
- Knowledge of standard IT tools
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Deadline for applications: 10th May 2017
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online via the ''Apply'' button.
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
About EIB - European Investment Bank
The EIB achieves its goals through some 1,800 highly qualified and diverse staff from all 28 European Member States, working in a multicultural environment that fosters cooperation and innovation.
For many of us the greatest reward is to contribute to the delivery of viable business and investment projects that tangibly improve the standards of living and quality of life of people in Europe and across the world.
We provide a competitive remuneration package commensurate with staff responsibilities and challenges. We offer a pleasant and interesting work environment where people can achieve their professional goals while maintaining work-life balance; with excellent professional development opportunities through training, internal mobility and merit-based career growth.
We are proud to work for a prestigious organisation that helps to implement European policies and objectives, helping to build the future of Europe furthering economic, social and human development.
Join the European Investment Bank and be part of it!