For over 30 years SustainAbility (SA) has been inspiring and enabling business to lead the way to a sustainable economy. Our unique blend of thinking and advice inspire and enable leaders to drive change inside companies, within value chains, across markets and through systems. Our small, diverse team works globally from offices in London, New York, and Oakland.
We are looking for a person who can assist the financial controller in managing and processing the day-to-day account and can troubleshoot various accounts and transactions.
The successful candidate will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Lead UK payroll, payrun, expense filing, client rechargeable, sales invoicing and management.
- Assist on cash flow, UK credit control, UK month end and reconciliation
- Will support the Financial Controller with Global Financial oversight and analysis
- Provide holiday backup for US colleague
- Purchase Ledger control including company expenses and other
- Coding up and processing all purchase ledger items, prior to the weekly pay runs, checking that they have been authorized in advance. File once complete.
- Produce weekly payrun of invoices to be authorised for payment by the Financial Controller.
- Analysing credit card statements at the end of the month, ensuring all receipts are attached, ensure they have been authorised and process. File once complete.
- Checking creditors report at the end of the month, to ensure it balances to the credit control account on the balance sheet. Investigate any variances.
- Work with members of the broader team to ensure that procedures are being followed and all expenditure is correctly recorded.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the finance controller
- Create, send and follow up on invoices.
- Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct.
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients
- Assist the financial controller in creating financial reports on a regular basis
- Raising sales ledger invoices as requested, send for authorisation, process, send to the client where necessary, and update sales ledger log.
- Checking debtors report weekly, to ensure any outstanding invoices are flagged either with the Project Manager or client directly. Invoice management to ensure cash flow is maximised.
- Checking debtors report monthly, to ensure it balances to the debtor’s control account on the balance sheet. Investigate any variances.
- Coding up, processing all expense claims and checking that an appropriate receipt is attached. Check that all expenses have been authorised and that where necessary costs are being recharged to the client correctly.
- Preparing payroll reports on a monthly basis to be sent to the external payroll company, making sure all changes are updated i.e. pension, childcare, season ticket, healthcare, cycle to work scheme etc.
Processing payroll, and arranging payment for the last Friday of each month and maintaining a relationship with Payroll provider.
Ensure PAYE/NICs is processed and paid by the due date.
- Reconciling the bank accounts on Xero weekly, any unidentified items flagged and resolved.
Arrange/amend direct debits and standing order with the bank.
Monthly closing (TBC)
- Preparation and processing of monthly journals, to include salaries accruals, prepayments, depreciation, revaluation of intercompany accounts.
Monthly reconciliation of prepayments, accruals, fixed assets, salaries control, PAYE/NICs, and pension control.
Ensure each month end that there is complete reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Assist the Financial Controller to prepare year-end accounts for the External Auditors.
Provide coverage for colleagues
- Provide holiday and back-up coverage for colleagues
Key Skills and Competencies
- Preference will be given to applicants who have the following key skills and competencies:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field
- Part-qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA preferred)
- Essential – Working knowledge of Xero
- Essential – Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience using CMS and Time Recording systems to create reports and analyze data
- A minimum of two years’ work experience
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Focused, organised and structured and able to juggle priorities
- Self-starter with drive, able to follow through without supervision
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, and strong sense of confidentiality
- Proven ability to prioritise, problem solve and deliver to deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player, with a positive, proactive attitude
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Alignment with SustainAbility’s Mission, Vision and Values preferred
This is a part-time position (3-4 days a week) and is based in our London office – working hours 09:00 – 17:30 with a one hour lunch break included. Expected start date is ASAP.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply by following this link.
We believe in the power and responsibility of business, working in partnership with government and civil society, to create a prosperous and sustainable economy. We believe that leadership is key to making this transition.
This transition will be a global process so we work internationally, partnering with companies of all shapes and sizes to achieve it.
We know that strong leadership is key, both in terms of evolving business strategies and practices, as well as stimulating and supporting wider market transformation.
Today & Tomorrow
We understand the need to reconcile long-term sustainability with short-term results. That’s why we focus on both the journey ahead and delivering value here and now.