The role’s mission is to contribute to our team’s development to add value to our clients by developing and delivering intelligent sustainability solutions that help make sense of the environmental landscape and challenges presented by an ever-evolving industry.
With the significant increase in companies committed to Net Zero, we see a significant increase in demand for LCA, EPD and Carbon Footprint. The consultant will contribute to our general consulting function and be responsible for managing and implementing a range of carbon, energy and sustainability projects.
Lead strategic projects in collaboration with the project manager for large corporate clients, build and implement carbon reduction programs that enable clients to achieve their Net Zero commitments. Manage a selection of measurement and reporting systems, environmental and energy management systems, climate finance, life cycle assessment, and scope 3 assessments.
Ensure the quality of large data sets and analytical results; produce reports on research findings and communicate recommendations to the team.
The consultant must have significant experience in the sustainability field. This role requires a wide variety of skills. The following list covers the main elements;
– 3+ years of experience working in a consulting capacity to understand client needs and guide them toward a solution, preferably demonstrated through client advisory assignments in the private sector.
– Thorough knowledge of climate change, energy, GHG emissions, and sustainability issues, including risks and opportunities, mitigation, adaptation, strategy, science-based targets, and scenario analysis.
– Knowledge and experience of carbon accounting, carbon measurement techniques and calculation methods for Scope 1, 2 and 3.
– Knowledge of carbon accounting standards (ISO 14064, GHG Protocol and its variants) and understanding of carbon neutrality standards.
– Knowledge of carbon, offset and renewable energy markets.
– Excellent data management skills and advanced knowledge of Excel are essential.
– A practical knowledge of LCA and software such as Simapro or One Click LCA.
– Familiarity with various approaches to goal setting, including science-based methodologies, CDP, climate risk assessment, and scenario analysis.
– Familiarity with recommendations from TCFD and other guiding bodies to help companies manage and prepare for climate change impacts;
– Experience in stakeholder engagement and analysis, including materiality assessment, interviews, workshops, and peer benchmarking.
– Ability to manage multiple ongoing assignments simultaneously.
The role will be flexible, you will be able to work entirely on an intelligent working basis or use our office in Santa Croce sull’Arno.
The type of work offered is for freelance professionals.
Economic and contractual conditions will be commensurate with experience, skills demonstrated at the interview and the type of project that will be tackled.
By this email link
Drive commercial activities and provide technical overnight for the Sustainable Finance Solutions (“SFS”) team in Hong Kong...Apply For This Job