Administrative Assistant Standards Division
Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. (€ 30,000.- / € 33,000.- gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
The post holder will perform a wide range of tasks in support of the Standards Division, enhancing the team’s capacity.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, general administrative support to the Director Standards, and specific administrative tasks to support the implementation of projects; as well as guaranteeing the smooth and reliable operation of the Standards Division by supporting the team with general administrative tasks and on ad hoc projects, as needed.
(S)he will report to the Director, Standards.
• Manages the Director’s commitments (calendar, internal and external meetings, travel schedule, travel receipts)
• Takes notes and follows-up on actions for internal and external meetings
• Arranges logistics for meetings, webinars, and teleconferences for the Standards Division and the GSSB (GRI’s dedicated standard-setting body)
• Processes travel reimbursements for external experts participating in GSSB projects
• Assists Standards Division members with travel arrangements
• Maintains a contact database for the Standards Division
• Ensures efficient ongoing admin support for the Standards Division
• Helps to set-up and manage internal processes for coordinating requests for Standards Division time and resources
• Contributes to the drafting and editing of various Standards-related resources, including guidance documents, internal departmental processes, and communication materials
• Conducts research and provides input to internal documents – in collaboration with the line manager – to enable discussion and decision-making by the Standards Division and the GSSB
• Updates internal and external online content on a regular basis, with support from the Communications team
• Other duties as required
Key competencies / Requirements
• 4-5 years of experience in a similar position
• Flexibility and an open attitude
• Highly organized; keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively under time pressure
• Strong communication and teamwork skills
• Proven experience in handling multiple tasks while delivering on specific commitments
• Near-native speaker level of written and spoken English, and preferably fluency in Dutch
• Demonstrated experience in supporting research and analysis
• Comfortable and proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CRM solutions – preferably with advanced abilities
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI would be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Monday 27 March 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others. With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.