Capacity Development Coordinator
Start Date: 1 September 2018, 40 hrs p/w. (€ 30,000.-/€ 33,000.- gross p/y on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
GRI’s Program Implementation Team is looking for a new colleague to contribute to the development of materials for various programs, mainly in developing and emerging economies. This position is part of a team that focuses on implementing various multiyear programs supported by international donors (governments and foundations).
Through its programs GRI works with a variety of stakeholders, mainly in developing and emerging economies, such as regulators, stock exchanges, listed companies and SMEs. The main purpose of this role is to help create capacity building materials such as presentation materials, workshop and round table modules, case studies and best practices.
In addition, the position holder also contributes to the development of research papers and other type of publications, as well as undertaking operational tasks to aid the overall work of the team. The position holder reports to the Senior Sustainability Manager – Capacity Development. Information on GRI’s current donor-funded programs can be found on GRI’s website.
• Develop new and adjust existing capacity building content including but not limited to presentation materials, workshops, peer-to-peer round tables and case studies.
• Desk research of potential program partners
• Coordinate the production or finalization of publications and research papers that our team delivers through grants
• Collaborate with GRI’s Communications Team to create promotional materials for GRI’s programs in developing countries
Key competencies / Requirements
• University degree (bachelor’s degree in a relevant field)
• Analytical skills and research experience are required
• Experience in the field of corporate social responsibility, sustainability reporting and the GRI Standards is a plus
• Assist with a systematic review of the latest development related to the practice of sustainability reporting
• Advanced user of the Microsoft Office package, primarily Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Confident verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Excellent command of verbal and written English is required, additional language skills are a plus
• Excellent report writing skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Flexible approach and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Professional initiative and a solid work ethic
• Goal and deadline driven
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI would be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to email@example.com. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Tuesday 14th August 2018. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.