Coordinator, Sector Program
Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. (€ 30,000.- / € 33,000.- gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
The Coordinator, Sector Program coordinates and implements activities that contribute to the development of sector-specific contents, as part of the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards (GRI Standards). The GRI Standards are used by thousands of organizations around the world to report about their impacts on the economy, the environment, and society.
The post holder is responsible for supporting the set-up and management of expert consultations that inform the development of sector-specific content for the GRI Standards, as well as coordinating research projects and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on other activities, as needed. The post holder will also be responsible for coordinating sub-processes or tasks related to the development and application of the GRI Standards, such as designing and carrying out research approaches, or setting up systems to track the progress of projects.
The post holder will have the opportunity to be involved with a range of sustainability content areas and sectors. The role requires constant learning on the job, and will provide many opportunities to engage with varied internal and external stakeholders. The post holder will work closely with the project managers and team members to realize project objectives.
The ideal candidate will be organized and detail-oriented, and able to work independently as needed, balancing and prioritizing multiple tasks. The candidate will also have strong written and verbal communication skills. In addition, the ideal candidate displays a strong commitment to contribute positively to successful outcomes, flexibly adapting approaches as new priorities arise.
(S)he will report to the Senior Manager, Sector Program.
• Plans, implements and coordinates activities related to the development and application of the GRI Standards, with the support of other colleagues. This may include coordinating the development of publications, or other projects related to the use of the GRI Standards
• Designs and coordinates research projects; including establishing objectives, approaches, and timelines; coordinating with internal (or external) contacts to prepare and implement a research plan; and synthesizing and presenting findings for specific audiences
• Coordinates logistics related to the development of the GRI Standards (e.g., processes for expert engagement), including managing meeting schedules, organizing meetings and teleconferences and other logistical arrangements, preparing meeting agenda and materials, communicating with technical experts, and summarizing key outcomes from groups
• Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to provide technical input on materials related to the application of the GRI Standards (e.g., training or guidance documents); and to answer technical enquiries about the GRI Standards
• Supports the preparation of high-quality written materials, including presentations, briefing documents, and other publications
• Supports the development of information and knowledge management systems
• Represents GRI at external and internal events related to the GRI Standards
Key competencies / Requirements
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and carry out independent research projects; including designing methodologies and synthesizing findings for different audiences
• Proficiency in using Excel for data management and analysis is a plus
• Proven ability in project coordination; including handling logistical tasks, tracking progress, and ensuring regular communication with project stakeholders
• Native-speaker level of written and spoken English, and preferably fluent in one other language
• Strong communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to work with individuals from a range of backgrounds
• Precision and attention to detail, and strong logical thinking skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and work to precise timelines
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Friday 10th August 2018. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.