GRI is looking to recruit an intern interested in sustainability and corporate responsibility issues for the GRI Marketing & Communications Team. The main tasks will be to provide support with design and web activity, as well as general support for the Marketing & Communications team. The position is available for a minimum period of 6 months on a full-time basis with a possibility of extension of 3 months.
• Support with the maintenance of GRI’s website and intranet
• Support with the development of GRI’s new website
• Undertake small design tasks, supporting with the creation of visuals for web, social media and other marketing and communications materials
• Take care of Communications email inboxes
• Assist with the preparation of presentations, visuals, layout of reports, website analytics
• Source images for newsletters and other communications channels
• Support with posting activity on GRI’s social media channels
• Upload content to third-party communication platforms such as 3BL Media
• Provide general support and assist in the administration of the Marketing & Communications team
• Results-focused ability to handle multiple tasks and work on precise timelines
• Fluency in written and spoken English, excellent communications skills
• Educational/professional background in Marketing & Communications
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Experience with website content management systems (CMS) and HTML would be an advantage
• Experience with graphic design and Adobe CS software (InDesign, Photoshop) would be an advantage
• Accuracy and thoroughness, time management skills
• Ability to work with individuals from a range of different backgrounds and various levels of management, in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Good team player with a “can do” attitude
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested people eligible to work in the Netherlands are asked to submit a detailed CV and a short cover letter that describes how this placement may advance their future intentions and goals in the sustainability field and what their qualifications are for the position. Applications should be submitted in English before Tuesday 15 August 2017 at 12:00 noon CET to the HR Department, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment prospects: The GRI internship program is not linked to full time employment opportunities at GRI and the program should be valued by its own merits. Interns should not expect to be offered an employment contract after ending their internship; they are very welcome though to apply for job openings at GRI!
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A future where sustainability is integral to every organization’s decision-making process.
Our Mission: To empower decision makers everywhere through our sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.