Director, Capital Markets Engagement
Start Date: A.S.A.P.
Location: Amsterdam (Netherlands) Preferred
Contract: Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and non-profit scale, expat package available if recruited from abroad
Position summary and job purpose
The Director of Capital Markets Engagement is responsible for developing and implementing GRI’s strategy for driving uptake, harmonization and effective usage of the GRI Standards by capital markets and market regulators. She/he leads the Capital Markets Team in coordination with other GRI’s functions and regional offices. She/he identifies, prioritizes and develops/maintains effective relations with influential actors on ESG topics in the global capital market.
The post holder reports to the Chief Executive.
• Develops and implements the GRI global strategy to:
o Establish the GRI Standards as the global common standard for ESG disclosure in Capital Markets, for example through inclusion in listing requirements.
o Grow the utilization of GRI Standards based disclosures by capital markets actors including investors, analysts and asset owners.
o Establish and maintaining relationships with external CSOs, Capital markets, investor groups, analysts, raters and rankers.
o Strengthen the role of GRI and GRI-based reporting in relation to sustainable finance initiatives.
• Identifies and actively participates in high priority capital market initiatives to drive globally consistent and harmonized ESG disclosure based on the GRI Standards.
• Leads engagement with prioritized national market regulators and stock exchanges directly and in collaboration with heads of GRI’s Regional Hubs.
• Represents GRI at selected public events.
• Acts in an advisory capacity to the CE and the Executive team on topics related to driving uptake of the GRI Standards in financial markets.
• Identifies and pursues funding opportunities in coordination with the Chief Development Officer.
• Responsible for the management of the team including:
o Definition of goals and KPIs in support of the overall GRI strategy.
o Designs and builds a fit-for-purpose team.
o Directs budget preparation and expenditures for his/her team.
o Collection and communication of key information on GRI adoption.
o Identification, prioritization and maintenance of key relationships with external CSOs and governmental entities.
o Coordination and reporting to GRI’s Board and donors.
o Financial planning, monitoring and reporting.
Key competencies / Requirements
• International expertise in engaging on ESG issues with capital markets actors and other influencers.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in capital markets and/or financial institutions in the field of sustainability or ESG disclosure.
• Solid network and reputation in the topic area.
• Excellent inter-personal, diplomatic and public relations skills.
• Excellent communication skills in native-level English required (written & verbal).
• Additional languages preferred.
• Proven track record of success in people and project management.
• Experienced in an international and multi-cultural setting.
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI.
• Ability to travel.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), 13 December 2019. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources
Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.