GRI Guidance & Practice – Senior Coordinator
Start Date: A.S.A.P., full time (40 hrs p/w) (€ 35,000.-/€ 38,000.- gross p/y on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
Are you a curious person, passionate about sustainability and reporting and motivated to help develop and manage GRI’s knowledge products? Would you like to be a key player in a GRI team that develops guidance and documents to help companies better report? Are you keen to stay in touch with recent developments in sustainability and help identify new sustainability trends and emerging issues? Do you have a consulting or corporate experience related with sustainability and reporting? If so, the Guidance & Practice Unit is interested in hearing from you as we seek to fill a role that is designed to help build GRI’s thought leadership and knowledge based services.
The senior coordinator would play a key role in developing GRI’s knowledge assets (products, guiding documents, reports etc) and helping to drive better reporting through the development of new guidance for practitioners/reporters. The post holder will be collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on other activities as needed. The senior coordinator will monitor content and subject matter to identify emerging trends, spot gaps in GRI’s knowledge, and help connect this knowledge to GRI’s various outreach channels. Moreover, the post holder will be collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on other activities as needed (eg training material, reports, material for workshop, guiding documents etc).
The main goal will be to support the Senior Manager Guidance & Practice in developing a series of knowledge assets designed to respond to demand from the reporting companies on challenging sustainability reporting topics and generally build capacity for better quality reporting based on the GRI reporting Standards.
• Design and coordinate research projects and analysis of various sustainability reporting related topics (e.g. materiality analysis, sustainability strategy, human rights, other topics etc.); including establishing research objectives, approach, and timeline; coordinating with internal (or external) contacts to prepare a research plan and prepare content; and synthesizing and presenting findings for a specific audience
• Coordinate development of new knowledge assets by preparing high-quality written materials, including case studies, executive briefings, and training materials, slide decks, reports, and other learning materials
• Support the development of information and knowledge management systems and databases
• Monitor external developments and trends in sustainability and reporting, proactively help in identifying gaps in content where GRI should prioritize new developments (guidance, reports etc),
• Other duties as requested
Key competencies / Requirements
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and carry out independent research projects; including designing research methodologies and synthesizing findings for different audiences
• Highly organized with an ability to work independently whilst presenting strong teamwork skills in order to coordinate and carry out project
• Two to three years of recent experience in sustainability reporting as the reporting coordinator or significant contributor in the reporting process preferably in the corporate or consulting environment
• Knowledge of main sustainability topics and trends, and of GRI Standards
• Attention to detail and precision and strong logical thinking skills
• Good social skills, friendly and easy to approach working style, must be able to liaise widely across the organization
• Knowledge and interest in GRI’s mission, and general field of sustainability reporting, able to identify trends and follow developments
• Excellent written skills in English. Other language skills would be an advantage
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to email@example.com. The deadline to submit an application is Monday, 30th April 2018. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Stichting Global Reporting Initiative, Attn. Human Resources Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.