GRI Report Services Manager
Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. (€ 40,000.- / € 45,000.- gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
The GRI Services team offers upwards of 700 Alignment Services every year to report preparers around the world. These services are revenue generating for GRI and provide the crucial investment needed for the maintenance as well as enhancement of GRI Standards. The post holder will be responsible for contributing towards this very important function at GRI by offering these services as well as contributing towards creating new services. These services vary from helping the report preparers to improve the accuracy and usability of their GRI content index to reviewing disclosures and providing feedback to report preparers to be able to improve the quality of the reported data. The post holder will work closely with the team to ensure strong customer focus and relations through GRI’s service provision and as such should bring their customer service and relationship management experience to GRI Services.
• Managing feedback approvals for Alignment services conducted by colleagues
• Delivering Disclosure Review Service and other services such as Kick-off and Review services
• Contributes towards achieving the marketing targets for the Alignment Services
• Maintains professional relationship with relevant (external) contacts and others to guarantee smooth services delivery
• Identifies and develops new possibilities and takes initiatives to grow the services portfolio
• Works towards achieving the team’s financial and customer service targets
• Writes sophisticated program proposals and preparation of project related briefings
• Has complex project management responsibilities
• Manages the deliverables for projects, and is responsible for the development, implementation and submission of reports/ content
• Acts as spokesperson for GRI, when and where this responsibility has been delegated
• Other duties as requested
Key competencies / Requirements
• Demonstrated knowledge and use of the GRI Standards either through experience as a report preparer in a company or consultancy and/or as a data analyst and reported information user
• Strong knowledge of data and metrics across the economic, environmental and social issues is essential
• 3-5 years work experience in project management with proven track record of project management skills
• Minimum 3 years work experience in client facing role with excellent customer service skills
• Ability to listen, interact, communicate and explain ideas clearly
• Excellent written communications skills
• Native speaker level fluency in written and spoken English, and preferably highly proficient in one or more other language(s)
• Customer orientated; Intercultural experience is key
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to email@example.com. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Monday 16th April 2018. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.