GRI seeks an Intern for Digital Services
Internship: 40 hrs p/w – 6 months (€ 900,-p/m gross)
Start date: ASAP
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
GRI is looking to recruit an intern interested in sustainability reporting and sustainability data. The main tasks will be to provide administrative support for the maintenance and continued improvement of the Sustainability Disclosure Database and the GRI Standards Report Registration System. The Database is a publicly available extensive repository of sustainability reports. Organizations use the registration system to inform GRI that they have used the GRI Standards in their sustainability reporting and enables this report to be published on GRI’s online report repository. The position is available for a minimum period of 6 months on a full-time basis with a possibility of extension of 3 months.
• Assist in coordinating the processes required by the Report Registration Systems and any improvement projects
• Support the Digital Services team with tasks related to Sustainability Disclosure Database and other related projects
• Assist with maintaining GRI’s Contact and Relationship Management system
• Assist with different research projects and any ad hoc tasks that may arise
• Support the Services team with other administrative tasks
Key competencies/ requirements
• Personal traits such as accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail are of the greatest importance
• Minimum advanced level fluency in written and spoken English
• Fair working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Knowledge/interest in sustainability/CSR would be an advantage
• Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Results-focused ability to handle multiple tasks and work on precise timelines
• Good team player with a “can do” attitude
Interested people eligible to work in the Netherlands are asked to submit a detailed CV and a short cover letter that describes how this placement may advance their future intentions and goals in the sustainability field and what their qualifications are for the position. Applications should be submitted in English before 15 June 2020 at 12:00 noon CET to the HR Department, email@example.com.
Employment prospects: The GRI internship program is not linked to full time employment opportunities at GRI and the program should be valued by its own merits. Interns should not expect to be offered an employment contract after ending their internship; they are very welcome though to apply for job openings at GRI.