GRI seeks two Interns for the Standards Division
Internship: 40 hrs p/w – 6 months (€ 900,-p/m gross)
Start date: ASAP
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
GRI is looking to recruit two interns interested in sustainability reporting. The main tasks will be to provide administrative support for the maintenance and continued improvement of the GRI Standards Report Registration System. Organizations use this system to inform GRI that they have used the GRI Standards in their sustainability reporting and enables this report to be published on GRI’s online report repository. The position is available for a minimum period of 6 months on a full-time basis with a possibility of extension of 3 months.
If the intern is in the process of completing an undergraduate or postgraduate dissertation in the field of sustainability/ CSR they may be able to utilize the internship position to assist with their studies.
• Assist in coordinating improvement projects in the GRI Standards Report Registration System and related processes
• Assisting with research projects to analyze data in sustainability reports
• Support the Standards team with other administrative tasks
Key competencies/ requirements
• Personal traits such as accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail are of the greatest importance
• Minimum advanced level fluency in written and spoken English
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Knowledge/interest in sustainability/CSR would be an advantage
• Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Results-focused ability to handle multiple tasks and work on precise timelines
• Good team player with a “can do” attitude
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested people eligible to work in the Netherlands are asked to submit a detailed CV and a short cover letter that describes how this placement may advance their future intentions and goals in the sustainability field and what their qualifications are for the position. Applications should be submitted in English before 7 December 2018 at 12:00 noon CET to the HR Department, email@example.com.
Employment prospects: The GRI internship program is not linked to full time employment opportunities at GRI and the program should be valued by its own merits. Interns should not expect to be offered an employment contract after ending their internship; they are very welcome though to apply for job openings at GRI.
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.