GRI seeks two Interns in Services team
Internship: 40 hrs p/w – 6 months (€900 p/m gross)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Start date: a.s.a.p.
GRI is looking to recruit two interns interested in sustainability reporting and sustainability data.
The main tasks will be to assist in locating and registering reports thereby contributing towards enriching the GRI Database further. The Database is GRI’s source for many other data related projects such as Benchmarking, GRI Reporting Tool development and Reports List, the interns’ will be responsible to keep the data updated for these other related projects so that GRI can continue offering valuable analysis through these services.
• Assist in locating and registering reports in GRI’s Database
• Support the Report Services team with tasks related to Sustainability Disclosure Database and other related projects e.g. Reports List, Benchmarking etc.
• Highlighting sustainability reporting trends through regular statistical analysis of the collected data
• Support the Report Services team with other administrative tasks
• Personal traits such as accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail are of the greatest importance
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Knowledge of using Microsoft Excel or the ability to quickly acquire these skills
• Ability to work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds
• Good team player with a “can do” attitude
• Knowledge of additional language is an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their CV and a letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET) Monday 23 April 2018. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Employment prospects: The GRI internship program is not linked to full time employment opportunities at GRI and the program should be valued by its own merits. Interns should not expect to be offered an employment contract after ending their internship; nevertheless they are very welcome to apply for job openings at GRI.
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.