Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) seeks an
Intern – Capital Markets
Internship 40 hrs p/w – 6 months (€ 900,- p/m gross)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Start date: 15 July 2018
GRI is looking to recruit an intern interested in developing knowledge and skills on financial and capital markets engagement.
The main tasks will be to provide support on capital market policy related project(s), including the mapping of key capital markets players, key trends and sustainability information needs of the investment chain, and overall support to the Policy Team where needed. The position is available for a minimum period of 6 months on a full-time basis with a possibility of extension of 3 months. The intern will report to the Senior Manager – Policy and Sustainable Finance
Tasks will mainly include:
• Provide input – based on desk research – into the policy initiatives database
• Support in the management of contacts and description of engagement (in CRM database)
• Research on capital market players’ positions and policy processes in the field of sustainability reporting
• Support in preparing briefings, background packages and Power Point presentations
• Support the organization of webinars for capital markets actors
• Support internal communication on progress of donor funded programs
• Support in preparing the content of the capital markets communications messages
• Drafting emails and letters, including high-level correspondence
• Support in the organization of events (drafting invitations to speakers and outreach)
• Provide administrative support where needed
• Minimum advanced level fluency in written and spoken English, and other language is an asset
• Interest in capital markets and the investment chain
• Knowledge of sustainability and CSR issues is an asset
• Personal traits as accuracy and thoroughness are a plus
• Results-focused, ability to learn to handle multiple tasks and work on precise timelines
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, Excel and PowerPoint
• Willingness to work with individuals from a range of different backgrounds
• Good team player with a “can do” attitude
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates eligible to work in the Netherlands are asked to submit a detailed CV and a short cover letter that describes what their qualifications are for the position.
Employment prospects: The GRI internship program is not linked to full time employment opportunities at GRI and the program should be valued by its own merits. Interns should not expect to be offered an employment contract after ending their internship; they are very welcome though to apply for job openings at GRI!
Applications should be submitted in English before Friday, 22 June 2018 at 12.00 noon CET to the HR Department on email@example.com. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.