Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. (€ 40,000.- / € 45,000.- gross p/y on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
The post holder manages projects to update and expand the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards (GRI Standards), which are used by thousands of organizations around the world to report their impacts on the economy, the environment, and society.
The post holder is primarily responsible for managing projects to update and expand the existing set of GRI Standards across economic, environmental, and social topics. This involves researching the relevant topics, setting up and facilitating multi-stakeholder groups of technical experts focused on specific related content areas, and translating this input into technical content in a Standard, with the aim of developing standards that serve the public interest and promote global adoption of credible sustainability reporting. The post holder is also responsible for managing public consultation processes and other engagement processes to solicit stakeholder input for the development of each GRI Standard, and for liaising directly with the Global Sustainability Standards Board (GSSB), GRI’s designated standard-setting body, to obtain approval of the final Standard.
The ideal candidate for this role will have an understanding of sustainability reporting, excellent project management skills, significant expertise leading multi-stakeholder initiatives, strong communication skills (both verbal and written), experience in writing technical content, and a keen interest in the sustainable development agenda.
The post holder will report to Senior Manager, Standards.
• Plans and implements Standards development projects as per the Standards Division’s work program approved by the GSSB
• Manages the implementation of all related workstreams/projects in accordance with the GSSB Due Process Protocol (where applicable), including budgetary responsibilities
• Performs research on relevant topics and drafts the technical content of Standards
• Pro-actively, timely, and effectively communicates with relevant actors with which the Global Sustainability Standards Board (GSSB) is maintaining and developing strategic relationships
• Develops detailed project proposals and documents in preparation of project related briefings
• Provides input to the ongoing development of the GRI Standards and related documents and communications
• Maintains relationships, focused on future project options and programs
• Writes departmental documents and senior level correspondence
• Identifies and develops new possibilities and takes initiatives within the area of responsibilities
• Prepares for and attends events of the Standards Division and GRI departments
• Acts as spokesperson for the Standards Division, when and where this responsibility has been delegated
• Native-speaker level fluency in written and spoken English, and fluency in one other language is an advantage
• Proven experience in managing and engaging with multi-stakeholder projects including facilitating working groups of technical experts
• Minimum 5 years proven experience in managing extended projects – including planning, execution, and budget management
• Technical knowledge of reporting and standards processes, including experience with the design of performance indicators
• Results focused with ability to handle multiple tasks and work to precise deadlines
• Knowledge of sustainability issues and familiarity with the sustainable development agenda
• Experience of delegation of tasks to colleagues along with appropriate supervision
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail, including experience delivering presentations and facilitating workshops or training sessions
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to email@example.com. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Friday 6 December 2019. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Stichting Global Reporting Initiative, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.