Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. (€ 30,000 / € 33,000 gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
The post holder takes an active role in Policy related tasks and projects whilst following instructions and procedures and is closely involved in presenting and communicating information. In particular, (s)he supports the team’s overall advancement to increase the number of references made to GRI in policy instruments around the world. The post holder is contributing to this through various projects, such as following the policies in the pipeline, engaging with policy makers and keeping GRI’s database up to date with this information. The post holder fulfils a range of other tasks, including providing input to publications, fundraising proposals and/or helping to organize events.
The post holder reports to the Senior Manager Public Policy Affairs.
• Support line manager with governmental relations
• Proactively follow policy development on sustainability reporting and engage with policy makers – both governmental and capital market ones – for a GRI reference in collaboration with the line manager
• Responsible for project management related tasks, whilst supporting the line manager in the preparation and development of project activities and budgets
• Support the line manager in the organization of the GRI Governmental Advisory Group meetings and communication with the Group members
• Assist in content writing and drafting correspondence (policy papers, external communication, briefings, etc.)
• Assist in writing articles for the website and create Policy related external communication, e.g. webpages
• Maintain routine communications with (external) contacts
• Execute research and analysis on Policy related topics and provide input to publications led by the Policy team
• Keep CRM, dashboard and other policy databases up to date
• Provide administrative support in keeping track of action points and follow-up activities
• Assist in preparation of travels, coordinate calendars for meetings – if and when applicable
• Support in the organization of events, including preparation of (meeting) materials and coordination of logistics
• Other duties as requested
Key competencies / Requirements
• Proven experience in project management in working with policy makers, governments or international organizations
• Analytical and policy skills, preferably in the field of either sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility or standardization issues
• Experience with campaigning, advocacy and/or policy dialogue in a previous role
• Effective English written and oral communications skills, ability to write policy text, project proposals and reports
• Pro-active and can do attitude
• Results- and relationship oriented at the same time
• Experience with social media and websites design is an asset
• Fluency in English (spoken and written) and fluent in at least one other language (preferably French, Spanish, or Portuguese)
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI would be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), February 8, 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Stichting Global Reporting Initiative, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A future where sustainability is integral to every organization’s decision-making process.
Our Mission: To empower decision makers everywhere through our sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.