Social Media Specialist
Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. (€35,000.- / €38,000.- gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
The post holder plays a key role within GRI’s marketing and communications team, boosting brand awareness through digital channels and maintaining a strong online company voice through social media.
This is a proactive, fast-paced and dynamic role, requiring a broad range of skills, ranging from strategic planning to hands on implementation.
- Contribute to the development and execution of GRI’s integrated global marketing communications strategy and planning, with particular focus on social media – Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Develop and executing GRI’s social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Create and manage editorial calendars for GRI’s social channels
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content pages within each platform that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to engage and take action
- Continuously improve by capturing and analysing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Stay up to date with digital media developments and advise on the implementation of any suitable digital strategies, tools and techniques to increase GRI’s digital impact and reach
- Collaborate with GRI’s graphic designer for the creation of impactful visuals to maximise the effectiveness of GRI’s social media outreach
- Liaise with other team members and business functions, to ensure contributions are provided timely and deliverables planning is on track
- Other duties as requested
Job Specific Competencies
- Proven work experience in social media marketing for a minimum of two years
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- The ability to create effective social media campaigns
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Creativity and a passion for online communications
- Excellent spoken and written English (near native)
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
- Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI, as well as a basic understanding of sustainability reporting and related issues
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), 23 February 2018. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.