Team Assistant to the Network Engagement and Communications teams
Start Date: a.s.a.p. 40 hrs p/w. (€ 30,000.- / € 33,000.- gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
The post holder will perform a wide range of tasks in support of two of GRI’s teams – the Network Engagement Team and the Marketing and Communications teams.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, general administrative support to the Chief Network Engagement Officer and the Chief Communications Officer, and specific administrative tasks to support the implementation of processes and projects within the teams; as well as guaranteeing the smooth and reliable operation of the teams by supporting colleagues with general administrative tasks and on ad hoc projects, as needed.
(S)he will report to the Chief Network Engagement Officer, with dotted line to the Chief Communications Officer.
• Manages the commitments (calendar, internal and external meetings, travel schedule, travel receipts) for Chief Network Engagement Officer and Chief Communications Officer
• Takes notes and follows-up on actions for internal and external meetings
• Actively uses the Contact Management System (CRM) to log contacts and actions
• Arranges logistics for meetings, webinars, and teleconferences
• Supports planning of new and existing activities of the Network Engagement team
• Contributes to the development of reports, power point presentations, excel sheets as needed
• Updates internal online content on a regular basis, with support from colleagues
• Maintain the marcoms calendar, which is used for weekly team meetings
• Support the distribution of marketing materials as required
• Support other colleagues with travel arrangements as time allows
• Other duties as required
Key competencies / Requirements
• 4-5 years of experience in a similar position
• Flexibility and an open attitude
• Highly organized; keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively under time pressure
• Strong communication and teamwork skills
• Proven experience in handling multiple tasks while delivering on specific commitments
• Near-native level of written and spoken English
• Comfortable and proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CRM solutions – preferably with advanced abilities
• Experience with network engagement, marketing or public relations activities an asset
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI would be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), 20 October 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A future where sustainability is integral to every organization’s decision-making process.
Our Mission: To empower decision makers everywhere through our sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.