Start Date: A.S.A.P., 32 hrs p/w, less hours is negotiable with a minimum of 3 days p/w
Salary indication: € 39,000.- / € 42,000.- gross per year on full time basis dependent on experience
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Are you passionate about sustainability and do you want to contribute to the further development of the GRI Standards? Then we are looking for you, as GRI is seeking a Technical Writer/Editor for the Standards team as it expands its capacity to produce GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards (GRI Standards). The GRI Standards help organizations publicly communicate their impacts and contributions towards sustainable development. The team works together with international groups of subject matter experts to review existing GRI Standards and develop new ones. The role involves working in a diverse, multicultural team and office, with varied content spanning a range of economic, environmental, and social topics. Embrace the unique opportunity to work in a mission-driven organization and apply now!
The Technical Writer/Editor will report to the Publications Manager, Standards.
• Editing and writing content for the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards.
• Working collaboratively with project teams and revising and editing draft content that is developed through a multi-stakeholder process with external advisors.
• Maintaining editorial guidelines and ensuring adherence to the Standards information architecture and in-house style guide.
• Advising and working collaboratively with project teams to create high-quality, impactful publications and communication materials, including contributing to the project brief and planning process.
• Assisting with other duties as requested
1. Proven technical writing and editing experience in comparable role for at least 5 years.
2. Ability to grasp complex, technical topics and make them understandable to a global audience in a clear and concise manner.
3. Expert command of the English (American) language at native-speaking level.
4. Accurate, with a meticulous eye for detail and a commitment to the highest standards of quality.
5. Strong project management skills with proven experience and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
6. Affinity with GRI’s mission and objectives.
7. Self-motivated and able to work independently.
8. Excellent team-working (interpersonal) skills and a well-developed cross-cultural sensitivity.
9. Forward-thinking person who has new ideas and innovative technical concepts that can be applied to GRI.
10. Proficiency in MS Office.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by latest Friday 13th December 2019 at 12:00 noon. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an initial phone interview. An assessment in the form of a writing/editing assignment may be part of the recruitment process.
Stichting Global Reporting Initiative, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0) 20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.