Sustainability Reporting Expert – Guidance & Practice
Start Date: A.S.A.P., full time (40 hrs p/w) € 47.000 / € 50.000 gross p/y on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year, with option to renew
Do you have an extensive knowledge of tough challenges in reporting such as transparency in the supply chain or have you worked with emerging sustainability issues? Have you led or designed the stakeholder engagement and materiality determination processes so vital to reporting? Or conducted studies to improve understanding of sustainability reporting and best practices? Have you led or been a part of a sustainability reporting team at a big company, or helped multiple clients with the reporting process as a consultant?
If so, GRI is interested in hearing from you as we seek to fill a new role that is aimed at making practical experience with reporting more available to companies and stakeholders worldwide.
GRI seeks an experienced reporting practitioner to bring their knowledge to a new role at its Amsterdam secretariat. In response to demand from the network, GRI has developed a variety of new knowledge-based services such as Corporate Leadership Groups, peer learning round tables, trainings, webinars among others. GRI is building a new Guidance and Practice Unit tasked with providing a constant flow of high quality information and research that will support these services. The Sustainability Reporting Expert will be a lead figure in identifying priority topics, conduct extensive multi-stakeholder research and developing content on reporting topics.
The main aim will be to develop and deliver a series of knowledge assets designed to respond to demand from the network on challenging topics and generally build capacity for better quality reporting based on the GRI reporting standard. The expert will support conducting researches, surveys and interviews about the regional, economic or social factors that impact emerging/dynamic issues in sustainability to both capture and disseminate sustainability reporting knowledge.
• Supporting implementation of GRI’s Guidance and Practice Unit’s strategy, including the identification of sustainability topics, knowledge asset design and quality, and action plan for how to ramp up GRI’s collection of knowledge assets. One example of asset will be the development of practical examples (case studies) on how to apply key concepts of the GRI Standards
• Researching and tracking key trends, preparing case studies, executive briefings, and training materials, slide decks, reports, and other learning materials
• Developing high quality research and publications for GRI on challenging topics and/or emerging sustainability issues reflecting extensive desk research but also intensive multi-stakeholder consultation
• Working jointly with staff or consultants who are developing knowledge products to ensure on-time, on-budget and high quality content
• Generally deepening and improving GRI’s own internal knowledge base and expertise through trainings and briefings for staff
• Support in the development of fundraising proposals, business plans and introduce creative and entrepreneurial ideas to help build the Guidance and Practice team program and the wider Network Engagement department strategy
• Other duties as requested
• Proven experience in sustainability reporting as the reporting lead or significant contributor in the reporting process for a large or complex organization
• Five to eight years of experience in sustainability preferably in the corporate or consulting environment
• Extensive experience in research and development of high quality papers, publications or other reports
• Subject-matter expertise specifically with challenging sustainability issues or upcoming trends
• A vision for how GRI can build on the reporting standard to support practitioners in its application with practical knowledge, tools and skills – and how to bring this to life
• Goal- and deadline driven; proven track record to deliver in time against the highest possible quality
• Highly organized with an ability to work independently whilst presenting strong teamwork skills
• Good social skills, friendly and easy to approach working style
• Financial and budgeting capability
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills in English
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), 26 October 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A future where sustainability is integral to every organization’s decision-making process.
Our Mission: To empower decision makers everywhere through our sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.