SDGs reporting project
Project duration: 4 months
GRI seeks a Research Consultant
Start date: mid-April 2019 – part-time (Minimum 20 hrs – Maximum 32 hrs p/wk)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
GRI is looking to recruit a consultant interested in sustainability and corporate responsibility issues for the GRI Sustainable Development Team. The main tasks will be to provide research support related to GRI’s work on the Sustainable Development Goals. The objectives of the tasks are twofold: 1. To identify the extent to which the SDGs have made GRI reporters more inclined to increase their commitment to the adoption of sustainable business practice. 2. To develop a methodology and deliver a collection of case studies on SDG reporting good practices.
• Undertake research into the practice of SDGs sustainability reporting by the private sector and identify good practices in lines with the guidance developed by GRI
• Analyze and compare corporate sustainability reports from before and after the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals
• Develop the methodology and criteria for the research
• Create the inventory for the case studies with categories such as industry, regions, goals, etc.
• Identify the main challenges and gaps of SDG reporting practice based on the research findings
• Advanced level fluency in written and spoken English
• Research experience (through either course/field work)
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software as well as text analysis software such as Nvivo or Atlas
• Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Good team player with a “can do” attitude
• Results-focused ability to handle multiple tasks and work on precise timelines
HOW TO APPLY:
This engagement is not linked to full time employment opportunities at GRI and the program should be valued by its own merits. Selected applicant should not expect to be offered an employment contract after ending their project; nevertheless, they are very welcome to apply for job openings at GRI.
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others. With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world. Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends. Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.