Start Date: a.s.a.p., 40 hrs p/w (€ 36,000.-/€ 38,000.- gross per year)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
The post holder supports and assists the Head of Financial in developing, implementing and maintaining financial procedures and internal controls. This includes, but is not limited to, bookkeeping in a broad sense, forecasting and budgeting to guarantee transparency and control over GRI’s financial situation.
The Finance team is part of the Operations Department and is responsible for advising and providing the management team with relevant and reliable financial data for decision making. The post holder operates on an operational level, within a broad range of organisational and administrative activities supporting and assisting the Head of Finance in implementing all of the above.
The post holder reports to the Head of Finance.
Job responsibilities include:
• Assisting the Head of Finance in timely and accurate production of all financial information required;
• Establishing and maintaining the general ledger in compliance with generally accepted accounting procedures, including processing of journal entries;
• Coordinating month end close and year end close processes within the established deadlines and maintaining all books of record and support, including assets, liabilities, revenues and expense transactions;
• Reconcile and control of general ledger balances providing supporting documents and resolving accounting issues and discrepancies as they arise in the daily processing of transactions;
• Overseeing accounts payable and accounts receivable;
• Coordination of inter-company balance confirmation, resolving issues and differences;
• Liaising with internal and external parties on various local accounting issues;
• Conducting ad hoc analyses as directed by management;
• Preparing management and financial reports for each business line and stakeholders/sponsors;
• Preparing and compiling required information for external audits;
• Preparing and managing cash reporting and bank reconciliation;
• Coordinating and executing payments through electronic banking;
• Coordinating reports to comply with local requirements (VAT and CBS);
• Participating in GRI’s yearly planning and budgeting processes for projects;
• Responsible for providing feedback to budget holders and support on budget control;
• Responsible for maintaining, updating and documenting internal controls as well as the GRI’s manual for financial procedures;
• Develop, train and mentor junior members of the team.
Key competencies / Requirements
• Professional education on at least Bachelor level (e.g. HEAO-BE or SPD Bookkeeping);
• Minimum 2-3 years relevant experience in an international work environment and thorough understanding of administration relating to Accounting;
• Proven evidence of strong financial/accounting and analytical skills;
• Profound knowledge of Dutch accounting rules;
• Ability to set priorities whilst maintaining flexible and customer oriented, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
• Able to interact and communicate clearly;
• Ability to work in a team and autonomously;
• Fluency in English (written and spoken) and intermediate Dutch (reading and understanding);
• Follow processes and instructions, whilst maintaining confidentiality;
• Pro-active, knowledge sharing, assumes responsibility and has hands-on mentality, deals with issues calmly and objectively;
• Ability to deliver high quality service;
• Experience with Exact Software is a plus;
• Affinity with the mission and objectives of the GRI would be an advantage;
• Eligible to live and work in the Netherlands.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Friday 4th August 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Stichting Global Reporting Initiative, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A future where sustainability is integral to every organization’s decision-making process.
Our Mission: To empower decision makers everywhere through our sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.