Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. (€ 31,000.- / € 34,000.- gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
We are looking for a dynamic Graphic Designer to join our team based in Amsterdam. The designer plays an important role in GRI’s marketing and communications team for all GRI’s visual design needs, including but not limited to website, social media images and other marketing collaterals to inspire, inform and captivate GRI’s internal and external audiences. With limited marketing budget, the effective use of visuals and video is essential for the success of our marketing and communications efforts.
Key responsibilities will include online and offline marketing design consisting of banners, landing pages, website, brochures, presentations and more. We look for a person who is tech-savvy and quickly adopts emerging technologies in new media and design. Someone who can see the big picture as well as work on the small details that are equally important.
(S)He reports to the Chief Communications Officer.
• Evolve, maintain and communicate GRI’s brand guidelines as required
• Design and create visual designs, including infographics, for internal and external communications channels, such as GRI’s website, its annual report and social media
• Design of digital and printed publications
• Creation of animated designs
• Design of event materials – flyers, physical banners, (electronic) signage, programs
• Design of digital ads
• Presentation design
• Video production
• Managing GRI’s image bank
• Working with external designers from our partner organizations on co-branded content and ensure all design is aligned with the GRI brand guidelines
• Other duties as requested
• Proven work experience in comparable role for a minimum of two years
• Proven experience and skilled in working with Adobe design programs (particularly In Design and Photoshop)
• Recent experience and acquired skills in working with Powerpoint and/or Keynote
• Knowledge of design principles for social media platforms
• Knowledge of web design principles and interactive design
• Ability to strengthen GRI’s brand identity while keeping our visuals fresh and engaging
• Innovative and creative approach to conveying GRI’s technical content
• Experienced in video editing
• Creativity and a passion for marketing and communications
• Excellent spoken and written English (near native)
• Excellent organizational and collaboration skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI, as well as a basic understanding of sustainability reporting and related issues
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Friday 6th October 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A future where sustainability is integral to every organization’s decision-making process.
Our Mission: To empower decision makers everywhere through our sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.