Intern Event Logistics & Communications – 40 hrs p/w – 6 months (€ 900,- p/m gross)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Start date: 15 August 2018 or 1 September 2018
GRI organizes its own global and regional events and participates in many events organized by others. GRI is looking to recruit an intern interested in sustainability, event management and communication to support with the coordination and execution of events scheduled from September 2018 to February 2019. The position is available for a minimum period of 6 months on a full time basis with a possibility of extension of 3 months.
• Assist in planning of events and logistics scripts
• Draft event websites, registration pages and standardized confirmation messages
• Assistance in setting up event invitations, sending email marketing campaigns and sourcing databases
• Support in handling participant queries
• Set-up meetings and conference calls with stakeholders, and follow up on action items
• Support in the set-up of online evaluation surveys
• Assist in GRI’s External Engagement Procedure (EEP) to efficiently track and assess the relevance of potential strategic engagements. The procedure considers the priorities and needs of GRI in order to best profile the organization and communicate the relevant messages in non-GRI Events.
• Assist in planning future GRI conferences and events (such as the 6th GRI Global Conference in March 2020)
• Advanced level fluency in written and spoken English (other languages is a plus) with excellent communications skills
• Personal traits as accuracy and thoroughness are of the greatest importance
• Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from a range of different backgrounds
• Good team player with a “can do” attitude
• Event, Marketing or Communications background an advantage
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Dynamics 365)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates eligible to work in the Netherlands are asked to submit a detailed CV and a short cover letter that describes what their qualifications are for the position.
Applications should be submitted in English before Monday 16th July 2018 at 12.00 noon CET to the HR Department on email@example.com.
GRI appreciates all expressions of interest but only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Employment prospects: The GRI internship program is not linked to full time employment opportunities at GRI and the program should be valued by its own merits. Interns should not expect to be offered an employment contract after ending their internship.
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.