Manager Corporate & Stakeholder Engagement
Start Date: 1 November 2017, 40 hrs p/w. (€ 40,000.-/€ 45,000.- gross p/y on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
The post holder will be working within the Corporate & Stakeholder Engagement Team, to maintain existing relationships with a regional portfolio of the GOLD Community, grow the number of Gold Community members in these regions and deliver and create valuable GOLD Community benefits including events and projects. (S)he works closely with the team to ensure strong and dynamic external relations that are important for GRI’s mission.The position requires travelling internationally.
(S)He reports to the Head of Corporate & Stakeholder Engagement and will work closely with the other members of the team.
• Manage and develop professional relationships with a portfolio of relevant organizations, in particular GRI GOLD Community members, key corporate funders e.g. members of GRI’s Corporate Leadership Groups, and other key organizations and potential funders
• Manage important departmental projects including the launch of new corporate programs e.g. Corporate Leadership Groups, local engagement programs and GOLD Community services including budgetary responsibility
• Prepare project and (GRI) strategy related documents including delivering project-related updates
• Working to targets (especially financial) to increase the number of GOLD Community and CLG members within a global and regional portfolio, and other funding efforts as required e.g. GRI’s Conference
• Writes sophisticated program proposals and preparation of project related briefings
• Acts as spokesperson for GRI, when and where this responsibility has been delegated
• Other duties as requested
Key competencies / Requirements
• Native speaker level fluency in written and spoken English, and preferably highly proficient in one or more other language(s)
• Proven track record of project management and monitoring skills
• Ability to listen, interact, communicate and explain ideas clearly
• Effective written communications skills
• Familiarity with sustainability issues and sustainable development agenda
• Experienced public speaker
• Customer orientated; Intercultural experience is key
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI would be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to email@example.com. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Wednesday 4 October 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A future where sustainability is integral to every organization’s decision-making process.
Our Mission: To empower decision makers everywhere through our sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.