Manager, Sector Program
Start Date: A.s.a.p., 40 hrs p/w. (€ 40,000.- / € 45,000.- gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
The Manager, Sector Program focuses on projects that contribute to the further development of the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards (GRI Standards), which are used by thousands of organizations around the world to report about their impacts on the economy, the environment, and society.
The post holder is primarily responsible for managing workstreams to develop sector-specific contents, as part of the GRI Standards. This involves research, setting up and facilitating stakeholder consultations and soliciting expert input, with the aim of developing standards that serve the public interest and promote the global adoption of credible sustainability reporting.
The post holder is responsible for managing projects in line with the GSSB Due Process Protocol.
The ideal candidate for this role will combine excellent research, communication (both verbal and written), and project management skills with significant expertise at leading multi-stakeholder initiatives. The ideal candidate is collaborative and strongly committed to ensuring successful outcomes, incorporating feedback from a wide variety of stakeholders and flexibly adapting approaches as new priorities arise.
(S)he will report to the Senior Manager, Sector Program.
– Manages the implementation of all related (delegated) tasks and projects for developing sector contents, in accordance with the GSSB Due Process Protocol where applicable, and including budgetary responsibilities
– Identifies and develops new possibilities and takes initiative within the area of responsibility
– Maintains relationships, focusing on the potential for collaborative projects and programs in future
– Proactively, timely, and effectively communicates with relevant actors with which the GSSB is maintaining and developing a strategic relationship
– Writes departmental documents and high-level correspondence
– Develops detailed program proposals, project-related briefings and documents
– Prepares for and attends Standards Division and other GRI events
– Acts as spokesperson for the Standards Division, when and where this responsibility is delegated
– Plans and implements projects as per the Standards Division’s work program approved by the GSSB
– Provides input for the ongoing development of the GRI Standards and related documents and communications
Key competencies / Requirements
– Strong research skills and experience with complex, multi-faceted research assignments; proficiency in using Excel for data management and analysis is a plus
– Minimum of five years’ proven experience in project management – including planning, execution, and budget management
– Proven experience managing multi-stakeholder projects
– Technical knowledge of reporting and standards processes, including experience with the design of performance indicators
– Results-focused and able to handle multiple tasks and work to precise timelines
– Strong communication skills and attention to detail, including experience delivering presentations and facilitating workshops or training sessions
– Native-speaker level of written and spoken English, and preferably fluent in one other language
– Ability to lead team members to ensure maximum results
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
– Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI would be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to email@example.com. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Friday, 9 November 2018. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Stichting Global Reporting Initiative, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.