Marcoms Writer & Editor
Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. (€ 36,000.- / € 41,000.- gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
As Marcoms Writer & Editor in GRI’s marketing and communications team, you will be responsible for creating, writing and editing high-quality and compelling content for GRI’s news pages and other marketing and communication campaigns. The position requires a creative and strategic thinker, who is comfortable with researching and analysing the field of sustainability reporting, and is capable of understanding our organization’s marketing and communication strategy, and our brand positioning and tone, to effectively communicate our key messages. Central to this role is the ability to turn complex, often technical content into accessible and authoritative text that communicates clearly and effectively with GRI’s stakeholders.
(S)He report to the Chief Communications Officer.
• Set up and maintain an editorial calendar for GRI’s news updates
• Research and write stories on a regular basis for the GRI news pages
• Create marketing collateral, web content and copy, such as newsletter articles, press releases and case studies, for GRI communications and publications
• Copyedit and proofread GRI publications, promotional material and other content for external and internal communications, and ensure adherence to the GRI ‘house-style’
• Help plan and execute the production of the GRI annual report, including writing and editing content, and overseeing storyline and layout
• Initiate, build and maintain effective working relationships with different departments within GRI, as well as with relevant external contacts to ensure a regular stream of content for news articles and campaigns
• Contribute to other projects, campaigns and events within the communications team
• Other duties as requested
Key competencies / Requirements
• Fluency in English (near native)
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proven track record in a comparable role
• Creativity and a passion for marketing and communication
• Ability to provide and receive feedback, and to act quickly on feedback
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Flexibility and responsiveness – ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI, as well as a basic understanding of sustainability reporting and related issues
• Experience with CMS and SEO writing is a plus
• Experience with online marketing and newsletter software such as Dotmailer or MailChimp is a plus
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to email@example.com. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), 27th September 2017 by 12.00 noon CET. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A future where sustainability is integral to every organization’s decision-making process.
Our Mission: To empower decision makers everywhere through our sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.