GRI Reporting Services Manager
Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. (€ 40,000.- / € 45,000.- gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
The GRI Services team offers upwards of 700 Alignment Services every year to report preparers around the world. These services are revenue generating for GRI and provide the crucial investment needed for the maintenance as well as enhancement of GRI Standards. The post holder will be responsible for contributing towards this very important function at GRI through their outreach efforts to explain and promote these services as well as by performing the services. The post holder will also be responsible for developing new services and will be responsible to launch them.
The current services vary from helping the report preparers to improve the accuracy and usability of their GRI content index to reviewing disclosures and providing feedback to report preparers to be able to improve the quality of the reported data. The post holder will work closely with the team to ensure strong customer focus and relations through GRI’s service provision and as such should take their customer service and relationship management experience to the next level to directly benefit GRI Services.
• Works towards achieving the financial as well as marketing targets for the GRI Services
• Maintains professional relationship with relevant (external) contacts and others to guarantee smooth services delivery whilst serving as a lead point of contact for all clients
• Delivering Disclosure Review Service and other services such as Kick-off and Review services
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
• Develop trusted advisor relationships with clients and other stakeholders
• Assist with challenging client request or issue escalations when needed
• Ensures the timely and successful delivery of our services according to clients’ needs and objectives
• Identifies and develops new possibilities and takes initiatives to grow the services portfolio
• Managing feedback approvals for Alignment services conducted by colleagues
• Writes sophisticated program proposals and preparation of project related briefings
• Manages the deliverables for projects, and is responsible for the development, implementation and submission of reports/ content
• Acts as spokesperson for GRI, when and where this responsibility has been delegated (International travel limited to 2-3 times a year, subject to requests from clients)
Key competencies / Requirements
• Proven work experience (minimum 3 years) as an account manager, key account manager, relationship manager or equivalent function
• Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organizations, including executives and C-level
• Experience in delivery of client-focused solutions to customer needs
• Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
• Demonstrated knowledge and use of the GRI Standards either through experience as a report preparer in a company or consultancy and/or as a data analyst and reported information user
• Strong knowledge of data and metrics across the economic, environmental and social issues is essential
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Native speaker level fluency in written and spoken English, and preferably highly proficient in one or more other language(s)
• Customer orientated; Intercultural experience is key
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI
HOW TO APPLY:
How to apply
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to email@example.com. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Friday 13th July 2018. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.