Senior Coordinator – Services
Start Date: 1 December 2017, 40 hrs p/w. (€ 36,000.-/€ 39,000.- gross p/y on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
Launched in October 2016, the GRI Standards have been so far downloaded and used by thousands of users. The GRI Standards are a set of 36 individual Standards that are expected to be revised and updated as and when needed. As such, the GRI Standards do not lend themselves to easy printing and compiling. To make the use of GRI Standards easier for various users, in addition to the regular download option, GRI recognizes the need to make the option of printed editions of its different Standards available for the users.
You will be responsible to develop this new service at GRI. Once launched, the idea is to grow this service by carefully analyzing the needs and demands of the customers and including other relevant services to the package.
The role sits in the Network Engagement Team, where GRI services are designed and delivered and reports to the Head of Services.
• Put the current idea into action of making the printed editions of the various GRI Standards available to the GRI network
• End to end project management of this new service taking care of all different elements – current and future demand, customer database, manage supply, updates to the editions and other important aspects
• Develop detailed workplan for the initiation of this new service and bring it to the market within 2017
• Prepare informed recommendations to expand the project to include other related services for customers as part of the package to serve the network better
• Provide help in managing additional projects on the side such as building and maintaining the contact list for the GRI network for its digital strategy and help with other new service developments
• Other duties as requested
Key competencies / Requirements
• Minimum 5 years’ overall work experience preferably in a project management role with a minimum 3 years’ experience in a customer support role
• Strong customer service skills
• Native speaker level fluency in written and spoken English, and preferably highly proficient in one or more other language(s)
• Basic understanding of the structure of GRI Standards is a plus
• Able to work independently to solve problems
• Proven track record in being organized and structured
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI would be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Wednesday 25th October 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A future where sustainability is integral to every organization’s decision-making process.
Our Mission: To empower decision makers everywhere through our sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.