Senior Manager Standards
Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. – (competitive package)
Benefit package: Competitive package commensurate with experience. Expat package applicable if recruited from abroad, i.e. 30% ruling, housing allowance, home leave, etc.
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
The post holder focuses on devising, supervising and managing a project portfolio that contributes to the further development of the GRI Standards as credible, accessible, and globally-accepted reporting standards. The post holder is also responsible for managing other projects in support of the strategic priorities of the Standards Division and the Global Sustainability Standards Board (GSSB).
Furthermore, the post holder plans and directs the work of a group of individuals (i.e. direct reports), supervising them and monitoring their work, whilst having the authority to take corrective action and change the work assignments of team members when necessary in order to ensure the effective management and administration of the department.
The ideal candidate for this role will have proven project management and line management skills and experience, significant expertise leading multi-stakeholder, consensus seeking processes and strong communication skills.
• Leading the planning and managing the implementation of projects for developing new and revising existing GRI Standards, based on the work program approved by the GSSB, including where relevant supervising the Project Working Groups and Technical Committees established under the GSSB Due Process Protocol
• Has line management responsibilities for a team of 3-4 FTEs, including:
o Managing and supervising the work of team members
o Working with team members on their professional development
• Safeguarding trust in the Sustainability Reporting Standards worldwide, by ensuring technical excellence and guaranteeing that content created is in accordance with the GRI Due Process Protocol
• Contributing to the continuous improvement of project and public comment methodologies in accordance with the GSSB Due Process Protocol
• Reporting to the GSSB on the projects under management
• Representing the Sustainability Reporting Standards Division in external forums, meetings and events as needed
• Provides input to the ongoing development of the GRI Standards and related documents and communications
• Other duties as requested
Key competencies / Requirements
• Minimum of eight years’ proven experience in project management – including planning, implementation, execution, and budget management
• Proven experience managing multi-stakeholder projects including facilitating consensus-seeking processes
• Technical knowledge of reporting and standards processes, including experience with the design of disclosures
• Track record in successful line management
• Strong interest in environmental, social and economic sustainable development issues
• Preferably knowledge of sustainability-related instruments, standards and norms
• Results-focused and able to handle multiple tasks and work to precise timelines
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail, including experience delivering presentations and facilitating workshops or training sessions
• Native-speaker level of written and spoken English, and preferably fluent in one other language
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Willingness to travel internationally
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI would be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Monday, 7th May 2018. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.