Empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.
Web Content Specialist
Play a significant role in GRI’s marketing and communication team, supporting the communication of GRI’s key messages through its internal and external websites.
Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. (€ 35,000.- / € 38,000.- gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job purpose
The Web content specialist plays a significant role in GRI’s marketing and communication team, supporting the communication of GRI’s key messages through its internal and external websites. With limited marketing budget, the effective use of GRI’s own website as a source of information is vital to the success of the marketing and communications team. GRI is currently in the process of appointing an external vendor charged with a significant refresh of globalreporting.org – an initiative which the post holder will be responsible for project managing.
This position will report to the Digital Communications Specialist, with a dotted line reporting to the head of IT.
• Coordinate the development of GRI’s website in collaboration with the IT team, focusing on design, usability, and look and feel
• Project manage the current website refresh initiative, working with an external agency
• Work with different departments to develop new website content, and refresh on a regular basis
• Maintain the GRI website, including building, uploading and approving pages through an efficient process
• Ensure our content and webpages are optimized for SEO and track their performance
• Create and distributing email campaigns through Dotmailer
• Train GRI staff regarding use of SharePoint CMS and Dotmailer emailing system
• Maintain and develop the GRI intranet, in collaboration with the IT team and marcoms colleagues
• Fix broken links/images and troubleshooting other technical problems, with support from IT if required
• Prepare monthly statistics reports on website and using analytics to implement changes
• Other duties as requested
• Creativity and a passion for online communications
• Proven experience with implementing communications strategies via online channels
• Proven project management skills, preferably PMI-based. Able to lead projects and drive development of the GRI website and intranet
• Experience with website and intranet best practice
• Search engine optimization skills
• Knowledge of Google Analytics
• Excellent spoken and written English (near native)
• Excellent organizational and collaboration skills
• Problem solving ability and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize a wide range of requests
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Monday 6th November 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.