Manager Public Policy and Corporate Relations Southeast Asia
Empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone
Help implement activities related to the “Sustainable Trade and Investment through Reporting in the Indo-Pacific Region (STIR Indo-Pacific)” in Southeast Asia.
Start Date: A.S.A.P., full time (40 hours p/w)
Location: Southeast Asia: preferably in Jakarta, Manila or Hanoi
Contract: 1 year, project based initially
GRI is looking for a manager to help implement activities related to the “Sustainable Trade and Investment through Reporting in the Indo-Pacific Region (STIR Indo-Pacific)” in Southeast Asia. This program is supported by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) (Australia) and will contribute to greater stability and poverty alleviation in the Indo-Pacific region by increasing corporate transparency as a driver for sustainable trade and investment. The program will focus on capital market actors and companies in selected countries in South Asia (Bangladesh and Sri Lanka) and Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam).
The post holder will be part of GRI’s Regions and Programs Implementation Department and reports to the Department’s Director in Amsterdam. He/she will also have a functional reporting line to the Senior Global Program Manager at the GRI Secretariat in Amsterdam that oversees the implementation of all donor funded programs. Initially the key activities of our new colleague will be to engage with and plan/implement collaboration with key public and private sector stakeholders in Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam such as the stock exchanges, financial market regulators and other policy makers as well as listed companies and investors in these countries. We are looking for an experienced manager with a proven track record in managing programs and developing and fostering relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
• Pro-actively follow policies and legislation on sustainability reporting and work with relevant key stakeholders in the target countries such as Governments, private sector partners including institutional investors and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) on issues related to sustainability reporting, and implement a strategy aimed at advancing the practice of sustainability reporting in the framework of ongoing GRI programs and activities
• Supporting policy makers and regulators in their ambitions to integrate sustainability and transparency into the marketplace through capacity building and policy dialogues
• Engage with and train relevant persons in listed companies to promote the practice of sustainability reporting
• Supporting stock-exchanges in listing an ever-growing group of companies that issue sustainability reports
• Plan, monitor, evaluate and report on the STIR Indo-Pacific program activities in the target countries under the supervision of the Senior Global Program Manager
• Represent GRI at public meetings as appropriate
• Contribute to identifying new partnership and funding opportunities for GRI’s Market Strategy
• Provide guidance and advice to GRI colleagues in the target countries and at the Secretariat on developing and implementing policy/advocacy strategies
• Research and track key trends, preparing case studies, executive briefings, and other materials
• Proven track record in working with policy makers, regulators and business
• At least five years of experience in designing and/or implementing policy/advocacy strategies preferably in a Capital Market setting
• Existing network of national and/or regional and/or multi-lateral organizations in Southeast Asia
• Goal- and deadline driven; proven track record to deliver in time against the highest possible quality
• Highly organized with an ability to work independently whilst presenting strong teamwork skills
• Experience with public speaking and/or workshop facilitation
• Financial and budgeting capability
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills in English. Speaking/writing Bahasa Indonesia and/or Vietnamese is a plus
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Independent self-started with ability to work remotely
• Knowledge of the field of sustainability reporting is a plus but not required
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to email@example.com. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Thursday 9th November 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Stichting Global Reporting Initiative, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends.
Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.