Coordinator, Member & Reporter Engagement
GRI Regional Hub USA & Canada
Start Date: ASAP, 40 hours p/w.
Location: New York preferred, open to major cities in the USA
Position summary and job purpose
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) provides the world’s most widely adopted standards for organizations to disclose their impacts on social, environmental and economic issues. The GRI Sustainability Standards – or the GRI Standards – are offered free as a public good and today are used by more than 8,000 organizations worldwide, including more than 800 in the United States and Canada. GRI supports these organization through provision of report review services, trainings, professional development, networking and other support programs. GRI is headquartered in Amsterdam with seven regional hub locations worldwide. The Regional Hubs help advance reporting at the country/regional level, respond to the needs of local stakeholders, build capacity and value, and encourage the flow of knowledge and participation from the regions into GRI’s global network and activities.
The Coordinator, GRI Regional Hub USA & Canada is a new position. The postholder will work to create relationships, grow and maintain existing relationships within the region to generate engagement and revenue for GRI. You will report to the Director of the Regional Hub, USA & Canada and work closely with the team to ensure strong and dynamic external relations that contribute to GRI’s mission. The ideal candidate enjoys new business development and the recognition from contributing to GRI’s mission and growth. You are up for talking to C-level decision-makers and are always on the lookout for new potentials to join our programs and services. The role is flexible and dynamic, with the ultimate dual goals of strengthening the quality of sustainability reporting and increasing GRI’s financial stability in the region. Furthermore, the post holder will also monitor corporate initiatives, public policy and media developments related to sustainable development and sustainability reporting. The individual will ensure that GRI maintains effective and regular communication with its stakeholders and network in the region including marketing and implementing GRI’s programs and services.
In addition, the post holder will coordinate logistics for events organized by GRI on the continent and will provide office support functions including maintaining oversight of the contact database, management of financial records and preparation of reports in addition to any other duties as delegated by the Director Regional Hub USA & Canada.
The position requires frequent domestic travel with occasional international travel.
• Serve as primary point of contact for GRI Standards reporters, potential reporters or other GRI stakeholders in the North American market
• Conduct market analysis and develop work plans to engage sustainability reporters (primarily large corporations) within the North American market
• Develop new business opportunities, strategies and tools for GRI products, such as the membership program, corporate leadership groups, and review services
• Partner with internal communications team to design and deliver effective, locally relevant marketing tools for increasing program awareness and adoption
• Expand and build professional relationships with existing and new key accounts other key organizations and potential funders, within a regional portfolio.
• Develop and maintain an updated corporate contacts database
• Organize corporate engagements and meetings
• Acts as spokesperson for GRI, when and where this responsibility is delegated
• Other duties as requested
Key competencies / Requirements
• Professional, effective and flexible team player
• 4+ years professional experience, preferably within a sales, marketing and/or relationship management role
• Background in sustainability, ESG and/or sustainable development
• Results-focused with a pro-active attitude
• Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and able to work independently in a remote work environment
• Fluency in English (spoken and written)
• Confident and professional presentation skills
• Proven organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Ability to work with high-level representatives from the business community
• Ability to travel locally and internationally
• Detail and results oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks and work on precise timelines
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Post graduate degree or higher from college/university
• Eligible to live and work in the USA
• Competitive remuneration package
• 25 days annual leave
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, already eligible to live and work in the United States (i.e. already in possession of relevant documents), are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to email@example.com. The deadline to submit an application is 28 February 2020 at midnight CET. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted. GRI is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes your application. GRI, Attn. Human Resources www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others. With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world. Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends. Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.