Senior Manager of GRI Regional Hub ASEAN,
located in Singapore
Start Date: 1 January 2020, 40 hrs p/w.
Salary indication: Yearly gross salary between SGD 85,000 – SGD 100,000
Contract: 1 year initially, extension by mutual consent.
Position summary and job purpose
GRI extended its global reach to increase engagement with Asia’s fast-moving markets by establishing a permanent Regional ASEAN hub in Singapore in September 2019. The hub will help organizations in ASEAN, both public and private, to understand and communicate their impact on critical sustainability issues. This in turn helps to combat some of the major challenges facing the world today – modern slavery, climate change and forever dwindling natural resources to name but a few. GRI will provide thought leadership and capacity building for companies and their stakeholders, support for policymakers and regulators, and seek to drive and promote sustainability reporting, and the benefits of reporting, in this key economic region. While these offices work independently, they report to the GRI Secretariat in Amsterdam and their work follows the strategic priorities of GRI.
The post holder will report to the Chief Regional Implementation Officer at Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, whereas the functional line management related to the day-to-day activities will be managed by the Head of the ASEAN Hub, located in Singapore.
• Promote the practice of sustainability reporting in Singapore and other key markets in ASEAN Region.
• Manage, maintain and grow a sound relationship with different stakeholders including companies, consultants, policy makers, investors, journalists, etc, to ensure a conducive environment for sustainability reporting
• Advise regional organizations and governments on matters concerning the mission of the organization
• Represent GRI in public outreach, including public speaking
• Ensure proper and accurate reporting regarding project implementation
• In collaboration with the RH Head, continuous engagement with the regional advisory group
• Other duties as requested
Key competencies / Requirements
• The applicant must be a Singapore national
• A seasoned manager with a minimum of 8 years of experience in sustainability strategies and global and regional practice in corporate reporting
• A master’s degree in sustainability, international relations, international development, business administration, environmental – or social science, economics or related field would be an advantage.
• Awareness and knowledge of global sustainability and ESG-related initiatives and standards and possess a network of established relationships in Singapore, incl. the wider ASEAN region.
• Proven expertise to consult and shape solutions for delivery in the sustainability area.
• A proven track record in building, maintaining and growing a network.
• Established track record related to complex project- and event management in a remote working model.
• A strong communicator, highly persuasive and an ability to inspire
• Excellent inter-personal skills, and an ability to represent GRI at all levels, and in different cultural settings
• Experienced presenter, and moderator/ facilitator
• Proven ability to implement project, fundraise and maintain effective relationship with governmental and other funders
• Willingness to undertake travel
• Fluency in English, both speaking and writing
• Self-motivated with the ability to drive workload and activities remotely
• Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, with the Singapore nationality, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Friday 8th November 2019. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted. GRI, Attn. Human Resources Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others. With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world. Our Vision: A thriving global community that lifts humanity and enhances the resources on which all life depends. Our Mission: To empower decisions that create social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.