Start Date: A.S.A.P., 40 hrs p/w. (€ 36,000.- / € 41,000.- gross per year on full time basis)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contract: 1 year initially – extension by mutual consent
Position summary and job responsibilities
The post holder is responsible for the creation as well as quality enhancement of GRI’s published content, ensuring effective written communications to serve our diverse global stakeholders and oversees and carries out editorial and writing related tasks and is comfortable with creating and shaping the editorial vision of GRI’s external-facing published content.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, copy-editing publications, writing articles, coordinating the monthly GRI newsletter, creating web content and marketing collateral, and managing the lay-out of publications in liaison with designers. Key to the role will be an ability to turn complex, often technical, content into accessible and authoritative text that communicates clearly and effectively with GRI’s stakeholders.
The post holder reports directly to the Interim Deputy Director – Marketing & Communications.
Core responsibilities include:
• Copy-editing publications, writing articles and press releases, presentations, web content, direct mailings, and creating stories based on technical content
• Leading on the monthly GRI newsletter – content planning, article writing, image sourcing, publishing articles in the CMS, managing the mailing list, dissemination of newsletter, follow up analytics
• Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal team members, and external partners, as appropriate
• Advising and working collaboratively with GRI colleagues at all levels in order to improve and enhance the quality and impact of GRI publications and other written communications, including contributing to the project brief and planning process
• Responsibility for developing and maintaining GRI’s style guide and ensuring adherence to ‘house style’ in GRI publications
• Working with designers and content owners to develop and maintain a strong and consistent GRI brand identity and messaging across a range of publications
• Project management of flagship publications such as GRI activity reports, including writing/editing copy and overseeing layout
• Briefing designers on the layout of GRI publications and coordinating the design process through to completion
Key competencies / Requirements
• Proven writing and editing experience in comparable role of at least 5 years
• Demonstrable ability to grasp technical topics and make them understandable to others
• Expert command of the English language at native-speaking level, whilst editing publications and writing articles, ensuring the content has a consistent tone of voice, is clear and concise
• Experience in relationship management with external stakeholders
• Proven experience in project management with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Proven experience of managing layout and working effectively with designers
• Proven experience with website CMS and newsletter software tools
• Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is a plus
• A good basic understanding of sustainability reporting and related issues, and an affinity with GRI’s mission and objectives
• Committed to maintaining the highest standards of quality with a meticulous eye for detail and accuracy
• Self-motivated and able to work independently to tight deadlines
• Excellent team-working skills
• An excellent communicator, with the ability to train and support others
• Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI would be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Tuesday 14 February 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI, Attn. Human Resources
Visitors’ address: Barbara Strozzilaan 336, 1083 HN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 531 00 00 www.globalreporting.org
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A future where sustainability is integral to every organization’s decision-making process.
Our Mission: To empower decision makers everywhere through our sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.