In just 30 years, 2.3 billion more people will live in cities. The pressure from rapid urban population growth is already showing: housing costs are growing unaffordable, pushing normal families out of the cities they love. CO2 levels continue to rise, with the built environment accounting for ~40% of energy-related emissions. And the diversity of our cities slowly declines as space is taken from artists, entrepreneurs, community spaces and urban nature.
Imagine instead if every new building contributed positively to our planet. If housing costs were affordable to all groups of society. And if the vibrancy and diversity of our neighbourhoods grew as we expanded our cities. We think the path from imagination to reality is shorter than many think – and are now looking for a Sustainability Expert to join us in realising our vision of creating people and planet positive homes.
Who we are
Home.Earth is a newly launched impact real estate company. We focus on developing inclusive, sustainable, and liveable homes and spaces initially in the largest cities in Denmark, the Netherlands and Finland – with European ambitions. We aspire to change real estate to serve the whole and are ready to be a pathfinder towards a new paradigm.
Our founding team includes some of Europe’s leading people within investment management, real estate development, sustainability, social mobility, modular construction, community building and more.
You will be part of starting up Home.Earth’s journey as core member of our in-house sustainability team, which is working hard to define our sustainability strategy for both construction, operations and decarbonization. We believe in circular construction, conscious material choices, carbon transparency and LCA, and innovation in areas including on-site energy creation, modular construction, technology, and more.
Your tasks will include:
• Developing Home.Earth’s doughnut economics method for construction (with planetary budget for climate change, resource waste, and nature biodiversity)
• Defining qualitative and quantitative sustainability indicators and data sources as well as a compliant third-party certification strategy aligned with the EU taxonomy
• Supporting Home.Earth’s broader sustainability work across construction, operations and decarbonization
You will be working closely with Kasper Guldager Jensen, Carel van Houte and Emil Bender Lassen from our Founding Team. We look forward to meeting you – and are committed to contribute to your personal and professional journey as well. In Home.Earth, we are organizing according to Holacracy – a management system built on self-management, transparency, wholeness, and distributed ownership. That means that we’ve given the old hierarchical system the boot and instead organise in circles around our company purpose. Read more about Holacracy on Holacracy.org or in Brian J. Robertson’s book.
The profile we’re looking for
You hold a Master’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Architectural Engineering or similar. You have 5 or more years of hands-on experience with sustainability in construction and strong project management skills. You speak fluent English, and ideally also either Danish, Dutch, German, or Finnish
• Fluent in 3D modelling (ideally Rhino, Grasshopper, Revit, SpaceMaker)
• Fluent in the Office and Adobe packages
• Experience with environmental simulation software
• Experience with Life Cycle Analysis and Life Cycle Costing
• Experience with Circular Economy specifications in tendering, procurement, and quality insurance
• Knowledge of Cradle-to-Cradle methodologies
• Experience with Buildings as Material Banks and Material Passports
• Experience with Smart Building, IoT integration, and data harvesting
• Certified in one or more of following: DGNB, WELL, LEED, BREEAM
As a person you are trustworthy, reliable and a strong team player. You have stamina and drive – and you thrive in a purpose-driven organization with dedicated and highly skilled people from diverse backgrounds. You must be qualified to work in Denmark to apply for the role.
Tagged as: circular, Consultancy, Green building, over
How to apply
Please email email@example.com to submit your interest in the role alongside your CV and any other relevant documents. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
The ideal start date is as soon as possible.
All our roles are open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone – regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socioeconomics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you. You must be qualified to work in Denmark to apply for the role.