JOB CODE: ER11/12/15
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It’s personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like ‘hard work’ and ‘dedication’ together with ‘community’ and ‘respect’ has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it’s what makes us different. It’s what makes you different
- The UK based Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team implements the CSR strategy across all Group companies in the UK. The Bank aims to have a positive impact on its local communities, striving to raise educational aspirations, improve employability prospects and build stronger communities. CSR is embedded in our culture and is a clear demonstration of our core company values of Team Spirit, Commitment, Responsibility and Innovation. The Head of CSR has overall responsibility for the implementation of the UK strategy and management of the UK team and CSR networks.
- Development and delivery of the CSR UK strategy including overseeing all Charitable Giving and Volunteering programmes, operational delivery, meeting of targets and supervision of budgets.
- Management of the UK CSR Team and three direct reports; including objective setting and appraisal process, personal development, training and team administration.
- Management of key networks and relationships:
- CSR Networks – the Trustees, CSR Committee and CSR Champions including the tri-annual meetings, ongoing communications, support and development of materials, leading on management communications.
- All UK Group entities – involvement with CSR and relationship with key contacts.
- Global teams – Regular liaison with GBIS CSR team, global CSR/sustainability team and citizenship teams based in Head Office to ensure alignment with SG Group CSR and Citizenship policies and activities.
- Key internal committees – representing CSR and collaborating with Diversity, Health and Safety and Wellbeing Committees.
- All CSR-related external relationships – with charities, community partners, suppliers and Government bodies in the UK. Leading on collaborative programmes with other companies.
- Management of the SG UK Group Charitable Trust, overseeing all administration and tri-annual Trust meetings including preparation of agenda, slides and all papers, working with treasurer on finances, minutes and follow up. Developing new funding projects as partners as required.
- Oversee and approve all internal and external CSR communications including preparation of annual CSR report, awards applications, marketing comms etc. Deliver CSR presentations and updates to management committees, team meetings and other relevant forums.
- Oversee all data collection and reporting including ongoing development of internal CSR database, UK reporting to networks and management and annual global reporting campaign, Planethic.
- Facilitation of the Leaders to Lead initiative and engagement of UK based managers and their teams through targeted communications and events where appropriate.
- Lead on continual review and improvement of CSR team, improving operational effectiveness through introducing new approaches, procedures and initiatives where possible.
- Key deliverables
- Ensuring year two of the Charity of the Year partnership with Mind meets partnership objectives including raising +£600k.
- Support CSR programme manager to organise the Midnight Hike, main fundraiser for Mind
- Contribute to development and delivery of new Wellbeing Strategy, representing CSR on the Committee.
- Oversee recruitment process for new Charity of the Year partner
- Lead on SG’s contribution to Hackney Giving actively contributing to panel meetings and corporate donors group.
- Lead on the UK side for pilot implementation of the London Benchmarking Group within GBIS business line
- Integrate global citizenship guidelines into UK strategy and organise UK involvement in global Citizen Commitment Time
- Manage development of new local grants programme project for the Trust
- Lead on the development of the CSR strategy and committee with the Global Markets (front office) team
- Continue implementation of Leaders to Lead initiative focused on senior management
- Oversee end of year reporting for global Planethic campaign
Degree of autonomy
Working with a significant degree of autonomy but in close consultation with key stakeholders including local UK management and Paris Teams when appropriate.
- Previous experience is a necessity as is self-sufficiency and the ability to manage own workload. The position will need to be flexible to take on the ad-hoc delegation of broader responsibilities as required.
Internal & external contacts
- Internal Contacts
- all CSR Networks; all SG UK entities; Senior Management; internal teams such as Communications, HR, Legal and Compliance; UK Diversity Network; Health and Safety Committee; Wellbeing Committee
- Paris based teams including GBIS CSR; SEGL/RSE; COMM/CIT,
- Trustees, treasurer and secretary of the UK Group Charitable Trust.
- External Contacts
- Oversee the building of strong relationships with CSR partners including our Charity of the Year, school partners, ELBA, EECF, Enabling Enterprise, Brokerage, City Gateway and Inspiring the Future.
- Ensure support and best practice sharing through BITC and ICRS.
Minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent, degrees with relevant Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainability or Community Investment content desirable.
- Solid experience of CSR field ideally within a Financial Services environment with a demonstrated commitment and passion for CSR
- Exceptional communicator and people person with ability to build networks with a variety of audiences.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, accomplished at engaging and motivating employees.
- Strategic and innovative and thinker, skilled at developing new approaches.
- Expertise in writing and designing communications.
- Excellent project management, organisation, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience in change management.
- Fluency in English essential, French desirable.
Please Apply here