PURPOSE: Lead and manage the development of new partnerships with global corporations engaged in corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities that are linked to IYF’s strategic priorities which include education, employability, entrepreneurship and leadership
The International Youth Foundation (IYF), a global nonprofit organization that works to improve the lives and conditions of young people worldwide, is seeking a Director of Corporate Partnerships. This position will lead and manage the development of new partnerships with global corporations that support IYF’s strategic priorities in education, employability, entrepreneurship and leadership. The ideal candidate will have a corporate-sector background, experience in business development and the ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional team, as well as excellent writing and time management skills. This full-time position requires significant international travel.
- Lead the corporate outreach strategy to global companies in alignment with IYF strategic goals and priorities, and the periodic review and refinement of goals, strategies and priorities related to corporate outreach.
- Identify potential new opportunities with global companies and their corporate social responsibility programs. Cultivate new relationships with CSR execs and with key intermediaries who support corporate CSR programs including consulting firms, academic institutions, public relations firms, associations, and public sector donors.
- Market IYF program and corporate capabilities to global companies to establish new partnerships and expand existing programs. Market IYF’s programmatic capacity and global partner network in youth development programs including employability, entrepreneurship, education, leadership development and social entrepreneurship. Market IYF’s corporate capacity to work with companies to support employee engagement, develop and implement communications and branding strategies, and integrate business benefit with social benefit.
- Work closely with the VP of Strategic Planning and Outreach (and also in tandem with other Senior Management Team executives including CEO, COO and EVP) to develop and maintain marketing strategies for corporate clients to ensure maximum impact and strategic positioning. Key part of job is to identify and begin to the open new doors of opportunity with new companies.
- Lead field assessments to develop new programs and partnerships. Provide overall guidelines for the development of briefing papers, concept papers, proposals and budgets for planning and funding of new corporate supported programs, based on engagement and interest areas of prospective corporate clients. Work closely with all teams in the development of new programs to ensure the successful delivery of business development activities.
- Graduate degree required, MBA or other management degree highly desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in, or related to, the corporate sector. Familiarity with the corporate social responsibility (CSR) field is necessary.
- Corporate experience is required, marketing and or business development experience highly desirable.
- Understanding of workforce training, entrepreneurship, youth development, creation of public private partnerships, and international economic development highly desirable.
- International experience through work, living or study abroad is required.
- Experience in leading and mobilizing dynamic cross-functional and inter-departmental teams. Demonstrated ability to set strategy, meet key performance objectives, work independently as well as in a team.
- Significant travel is required. Experience and ability to interact with the private sector and liaise with a variety of donors is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills appropriate for operating effectively in a multicultural, international environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in English is required. Ability to conduct business conversation in a second language is preferred.
- Experienced in the use of the full suite of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD USA
About the International Youth Foundation: The International Youth Foundation (IYF) is a global nonprofit organization that works with the business, government, and civil society sectors in 70 countries to improve the lives and condition of young people worldwide. Founded in 1990, IYF equips today’s youth with the necessary skills to be healthy, productive and civically engaged individuals. To deepen its impact, IYF scales up effective and sustainable programs that are making a lasting difference in young lives. IYF receives support from bilateral and multilateral donor agencies, companies, foundations and individuals.
International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY
Please submit all of the following documents with “DIR CP – followed by your name“ in the subject line, to email@example.com:
- Completed IYF US Application for Employment
- Cover Letter