Research Intern Knowledge Unit
Internship: 40 hrs p/w – 6 months (€900 p/m gross)
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Start date: 1 September 2017
Do you want to gain your first working experience in an international organization that helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues? If so, GRI is interested in hearing from you as we seek to recruit an intern interested in sustainability reporting and research. The intern will support GRI’s Knowledge Unit by performing research, analysis and administrative tasks. (S)He reports to the Manager Knowledge Unit.
The Knowledge Unit at GRI is capturing and creating cutting edge knowledge to support the practice of reporting and the role of transparency in the advancement of sustainability issues. The internship is available for a minimum period of 6 months on a full time basis with a possibility of extension of 3 months.
• Support the research and analysis of various sustainability reporting related topics (e.g. materiality, sustainability strategy, human rights, etc.)
• Conduct research and provide data analysis of content of GRI Standards-based sustainability reports
• Support the Knowledge Unit with various administrative tasks
• Advanced level fluency in written and spoken English
• Good social skills, friendly and easy to approach working style
• Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
• Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI would be an advantage
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work on precise timelines
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, Excel and PowerPoint
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their CV and a letter of interest in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET) 14 July 2017. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, over 40 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A future where sustainability is integral to every organization’s decision-making process.
Our Mission: To empower decision makers everywhere through our sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.