For our team in Wageningen we are looking for a:
SUSTAINABILITY CONSULTANT INTERNATIONAL COMMODITIES AGROFOOD CHAINS
Wageningen | 32 to 40 hours a week | Starting date: as soon as possible
What you will be doing
As a sustainabilty consultant agrofood chains you advise on and facilitate sustainability projects in various international agrifood chains from cocoa to palm oil. You develop sustainability programs and advise on themes such as living wage, sustainable purchasing, (beyond) certification and ‘landscape’ approaches. You do this for both individual companies as well as coalitions of parties from the business community and for multi-stakeholder initiatives. You are a mediator who is able to connect various parties with their individual interests.
Do you have what it takes?
- A relevant academic education and at least 5 years experience with sustainability of chains such as rice, soy, cocoa, coffee, tea, cut flowers, palm oil or wood
- An extensive network in the agrofood chain (national and international) and you can use this effectively
- You are commercial, analytical, a relationship networker, creative, hands-on, flexible, a team player and solution-oriented
- A demonstrable passion for sustainability
- Excellent communication skills, both in Dutch and English; an extra language (specifically Spanish or French) is a plus.
What we are offering
- Challenging and varied work at the consultancy for a sustainable and healthy world
- An organizational culture with diverse expertise, mutual cooperation and passion
- Dynamic, ambitious and informal work environment
- Collaboration in a small ambitious team that uses high quality standards
- Room for entrepreneurship
- Good working conditions
HOW TO APPLY:
We would like to receive your letter of motivation and CV as soon as possible at email@example.com. Closing date is 20 May. The first interviews will take place on 28 and 30 May. The second ones on 5 and 7 June. Will you please hold a reservation in your calendar?
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tijmen de Vries, Senior Consultant International Supply Chains, +31 70 318 44 44
Karin van Dooren, HR manager, + 31 6 55 73 18 76
About Schuttelaar & Partners
We are living on a beautiful planet, where we have achieved great things. We also have the time and freedom to enjoy them. Thus we look at the world with great respect. Yet, we do acknowledge that our planet is fragile. Much still needs to be done to lay the foundation for our future.
We can only achieve this through partnerships and collaboration. We need to make use of modern science, up-to-date knowledge and technology. We also need to work on influencing stakeholders and changing consumers’ behaviour. In doing so, we take a multi-level approach. We do not only look at the interest of society as a whole, but also at the health and well-being of individuals.
We like to take responsibility and accept the challenge to provide guidance to actors of society. We strongly believe we can make this world a better place by working together and by creating sustainable solutions. These need to be communicated convincingly in a future-focused and pro-active way. Through this approach we can balance welfare and well-being and thus positively impact both individuals and society.
We are supporters of solutions in which the positive effect of new behaviour plays an important role. Positive Impact is a term we embrace wholeheartedly. It symbols our mentality to push for sustainability and health.